New Custom sword
Well the boss (wife) finally said I could go ahead and start looking around and get a custom sword commissioned. I am looking at doing a 2 handed Norse style sword with a blade around 36 inches or so, and a nice scabbard. I am planning on drawing it up and sending it to a couple of bladesmiths, I planned on sending it to Odin blades and Fable as well. Does anyone have any other ideas on who to send it to? or anyone who deals mainly with Norse of viking style blades? I plan on having some knot work and other engraved details on the hilt pommel and in the fuller.
Have you thought about Ben Potter?

his custom work is artistry, it always seems that he adds simple elements in his work that sets it apart and gives it a true custom work. he's also knowledgeable with runes and many of his blades feature pattern welding. i do believe there is a link to his site in this forums links section you can go over his work.

he's the best that i can think of off the top of my head for the style your looking for.

the other would be Jake Powing.
Since your design is not strictly historical, Odin or Fable blades might be your best choice...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: