i know that the gothic style kind of went out of fashion around the first decade of the 1500's around which time the maximillian armour emerged. i know then that the maximillian style (which was never really THAT popular anyhow) became a passe style by around 1540, and due to all the flutings made the style expensive, and rarely was it used outside of germany (source, book concerning the graz army catalogue in austria)

what armour replaced the gothic armour, as well as what replaced the 15th century milanese armour famous for the barbute (mostly) mitten gauntlets, and simple, rounded lines

i know of the tendency towards the peasacod breatplate.. was that style of armour given any particular name?

and what was the style of armour used by knights like the gendarmes, more specifially around the time of the italian wars.
there doesnt seem to be much info on the specific armour styles of the 16th century..

i know that in england the dominant style of armour was the greenwich harness during the time of king henry VIII but im looking at the armour used by the heavy cavalry of the germans and french.

does anyone have any info?