New book: The Noble Art of the Sword
I'm excited to report of a new book coming that has recently been brought to my attention:

The Noble Art of the Sword: Fashion and Fencing in Renaissance Europe
By Tobias Capwell

[ Linked Image ]

Available Spring 2012

264 pages, paperback, 300 x 245 mm, 150 colour illus.
PRICE: £40.00
ISBN: 978 0 900785 43 6

From the publisher:

"Accompanying a major international exhibition at the Wallace Collection (May–September 2012), this book celebrates this artistic and cultural importance of the sword, as a symbol of power and prestige, as a flamboyant fashion statement and as an icon in the Age of Discovery. It will feature weapons and related works of art from the Wallace Collection as well as other great collections of arms and armour; never-before-seen works on fencing drawn from the library of the 8th Lord Howard de Walden; and portraits, prints and drawings that will help place the Renaissance civilian sword in its social and artistic context. It will also help explore the ancient origins since the first Olympiad of the modern era of 1896, revealing a place in history where art and sport converged."

>>> Additional Information

>>> Find it in the myArmoury.com bookstore

Please support such projects with your patronage to ensure authors, publishers, and institutions continue to produce them.

Cheers
ordered! thanks! now i just need to forget about it until june. only $40 USD at Amazon, folks. these prices have been known to rise before publication, so...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: