Help Save IMAREAL!
I'll post this here on the grounds that the resource in question is well represented in this forum as we discuss historic arms and armour.

European economic distress is threatening IMAREAL, one of this community's best online resources, located in Krems, Austria.
Read about the threat at http://www.companie-of-st-george.ch/cms/?q=en/axing-imareal and then follow the link to sign the petition (an English PDF will guide you through the German form).

This is important, folks! If you've seen almost any of my own arms work you've seen the results of IMAREAL research. Many of you have directly used this incredible resource for clothing, swords, knives, scabbards, shoes, armour and various other everyday items of medieval kit.

I lived in Krems at the turn of the century, when a quirk of Austrian democracy made the country political poison to other parts of Europe. As much as I appreciate IMAREAL as a student of arms and armour, as a public relations professional I know how important it is for Austria to sustain such important academic and cultural outreach. Such work can do a great deal to build a country's reputation and provide a counterbalance to the inevitable negative perceptions.

Please help!

Attachment: 183.82 KB
1515.JPG

Signed.

But can you tell us a bit about that picture you attached?
Will sign tomorrow for sure. This is premium material and I've spent a solid dozen of hours browsing its contents if not more.

J
Signed.
I think I have signed. I saw my name on the list to the right, I think that makes me good.
Signed. I have used Imareal extensively, and I have hoped that it would be eventually expanded to other countries and image resolution increased...

:eek:
Paul Hansen wrote:
Signed.

But can you tell us a bit about that picture you attached?

That's an IMAREAL detail from one of their million-or-so martyrdom scenes. Ca. 1520, if I remember correctly. I just happened to have that one close to hand for a current project.
Hungary is not in the list, but several friends and me would like to help. How? Entering fake information seems counter-productive.

Edit: I'm an idiot, it's listed as Ungarn.
I also signed the petition.
I hope, we would be able to help them.
Signed, and also retweeted to my fans. All ten of them... :)
Signed, and posted to several friends. Services like IMAREAL are the only way most people will ever have access to these sources, and it would be truly sad to see it go away.
Well, thats quite a shame. :\
after all, we kept the AAA rating and are still one of the richest countries in the world. financing a research facility probably wouldn`t cause national insolvency.
so i`m going to subscribe.
Signed it. With all the money governments waste I can't believe the couldn't find enough to keep such a beneficial program.
Signed and shared on FB

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: