For Sale: P/W Spearheads by Hector Cole
This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I bought some spear heads from Hector Cole some time ago and never got around to hafting them up. As the focus of my collection has changed some since then, I would like to move them on. Two off the Spear-heads are based on a find near Kempston in Gloucestershire and are pattern-welded. More accurately one is a spear-head, the other is more likely from a javelin, or the like. The third is forged steel welded onto an iron socket and represents a fairly generic late Saxon spear-head.
I would like to sell the 2 Kempston pieces together and am asking £275 which will include the cost of postage. The saxon spear head sold seperately would be £50 including postage, however if anyone would like all three together I could do the lot for £300, shipping included.

The Spear-heads are 15 inches, 13.5 inches and 7 inches respectively from the tip to the base of the socket.
Finally, all three 'heads are currently blunt as Hector doesn't ship them sharpened.

Preferred method of Payment would be by Paypal, any fees incurred are covered by the asking price.

Thanks for looking,
Cheers,
Darrin.

Attachment: 86.86 KB
DSCF1838.JPG

Update and a correction.
The Saxon spear-head ( the long one at the bottom of the picture above) is sold pending delivery.

The two pattern welded 'heads are still available. For some reason I put that they are based on a find from Kempston. That should have read Kempsford. The originals were found near the Thames where it passes through Kempsford, Gloucestershire.

Small price drop to £265 for the pair including fees and shipping,
Cheers.

Sale of the Saxon Spearhead confirmed.

The Pattern-welded Kempsford pair are now available for £255 all in.

Cheers.

The two pattern-welded spear heads are still available and I am dropping the price to £240 for the pair. The price will still cover any transaction costs and shipping.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: