Go to page Previous  1, 2

Okay, I know this guy better than I thought I did.
" Of all the men beloved by the gods, I hate that one the most."
Quote:

This was probably the only time Rob was bested in single-combat, other than his final fight with Alisdair Stewart of Invernahyle, which is referred to in a previous post. That one was fought with target and broadsword but Rob was cut and that ended the fight. Not long after he died..

Lin can you document this ????? ( accord to "myth Rob Roy" died of "old age" ????
Rob Roy is one of my favorite "period" movies.I've had it on DVD for many years. As has already been mentioned, I feel it didn't get the attention it deserved due to Braveheart coming out around the same time. Liam Neeson was excellent in it, and I think Rob Roy is the movie that made me a fan of his, though I was aware of him as an actor from earlier movies such as Excalibur and yes, even Krull! :lol:

Brian Cox has been in an enormous number of movies. He was the bad guy in one of the recent Xmen movies, and for a rare comedic role from him, see Supertroopers (can anyone say "shenanigans!')
Sure; "shenanigans". I've been saying it for years.
Actually, where you grew up probably dictates how you would say it. If you had the Grace to be born Southern it would be;
" sha - na - ne - gans".
Jack W. Englund wrote:
Quote:

This was probably the only time Rob was bested in single-combat, other than his final fight with Alisdair Stewart of Invernahyle, which is referred to in a previous post. That one was fought with target and broadsword but Rob was cut and that ended the fight. Not long after he died..

Lin can you document this ????? ( accord to "myth Rob Roy" died of "old age" ????

I did not say or even imply that the minor cut he received was the reason for his death, which is usually attributed to his age. However, given the state of medical treatment in those days it could have been a contributing factor.
Running again Sunday afternoon on the two Ion channels as well as one local Boston channel (68 WPBX) 1pm and 4pm eastern.

Running on BBCA right now, so it will circulate for months to come.

Cheers

GC
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: