RIP: Bob Anderson
Bob Anderson, Hollywood fight choreographer, has died at the age of 89. He was inside Darth Vader's suit during the light saber battles. He choreographed the LOTR movies, too, among many others.

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr/55254...dies_at_89
This is a sad day for all of us. What a great artist and person. I don't think that we will have anyone like him again. Maybe our last sword tie with old Hollywood. RIP with sword in hand Maestro Anderson.
Sincere condolences to family.
RIP Bob
Probably the main reason why my love of swords has developed. Without doubt the greatest fight choreographer of all time! A passing of a legend

Martin
Maestro Anderson was one of the best swordsmen of the last century, and a major reason for my personal interest in swords and fencing.

Rest in peace.
He may have "become one with the Force" but his legacy lives on - the movies he worked on as fight choreographer is fondly remembered by many of us, and have served to spark the interest in swords for a significant part of community. Rest in Peace!
Many long years doing something he loved.

The rest of us should be so lucky!
Rest in peace, Mr. Anderson. You will be missed. :cry:
I only met him once, during LOTR, but he was, and is, a legend in the film industry.
RIP Mr. Anderson. Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.
the choreography he did was amazing, he was truly a modern swordmaster.
Very sad news but he left a great legacy and did what he loved. He will certainly be missed.

RPM
Just read the article that Chad posted, and when we knew little about someone, the best way to honour them is to learn by reading about them as it then makes it much easier to be touched and sad about their passing.

He seems to have had a full and exiting life and was able to make a living doing something he was very skilled and passionate about, and one can hardly ask for more than that in life, I think.

Condolences to his family and friends, and I will certainly be thinking of him the next time I see the films he was in.
I suppose this doesn't come as a complete surprise, given that most people don't live that long to begin with.

Honestly, 89 years is a pretty good run, especially since he kept choreographing swordfights to the end. Heck, wasn't he working on The Hobbit? Did he have time to finish that up before he went?

Oh well. Master Andersson, I salute you. In memory of your tremendous contributions to modern popculture, here is the duel from Princess Bride. (With lightabers.)
Rest in peace Sir.

[ Linked Image ]
Good morning ,
There was a series of articles/interviews with the cast from LOTR in Empire Magazine - Viggo Mortenson tells a story about his first day of sword training with this Mr Anderson... Evidently he had Mr Mortenson stand at one end of the gymn holding a sword and then a large group of men armed with swords,axes etc charged him at full speed ... If I remember correctly Mr Anderson said at that point 'Good - you did not run - we can get started "
Sounds like he was a hell of a guy.
Best
Tim
He will be missed. May he rest in peace

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: