Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Rare Angus Trim AT1435 War Sword w/ CSS ScabbardSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jan, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Rare Angus Trim AT1435 War Sword w/ CSS Scabbard         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Gents:

I am moving in a few new pieces, and as such, I will need to sell some of my older pieces to make room. So, I now offer for your consideration an:

Angus Trim AT1435 War Sword with a complete CSS Scabbard and Integrated Suspension

There was only a scant few of the 1435 blades made, and, you cannot get them any more - so I'd not hesitate to call this sword rare. And, the furniture was all handmade from mild steel by CSS to custom specifications, so, it does not look like any other 1435 out there. This is quite a unique package, as there is not another one like it.

The wide 38" long blade is double-fullered, adding a nice aesthetic. This is a monster war sword which sort of falls in between a Type XIIa and a Type XIIa. It's rock solid with a great authorative feel in the hand. The 5" PoB is very well placed on a sword of this size. It has been gripped with antiqued oxblood leather over cord, and the 9" grip bears a metal spacer in the middle of the grip. The Type G pommel has been etched with a Jerusalem Cross on both sides.

The pommel is of the hex nut variety, but I have placed in a small false peen which makes it look...well, peened. This can be removed easily by simple inserting a small precision screwdriver under the false peen and flipping it off, if you desire.

There are a couple light scratches on the antiqued hardware, nothing which looks out of place. The blade was hand-honed by Gus, so there are some minor inconsistancies in finish and the edge shape. However, this is not a problem if you have minor sharpening/finishing skills. I am pretty picky about my swords, and to me - it's just fine and I never would have corrected anything, as it has a nice authentic handforged look to it. However, I disclose this because I know some people are pickier than I am.

The scabbard is oxblood leather over poplar with an antique black suspension. There is a matching Jerusalem Cross embossed at the throat, below the triangular formed rainguard. The chape is antiqued as well, matching the furniture of the sword beautifully. The suspension is laced, not riveted, so you can replace the buckle easily if you want.

I paid $1000 for this package about 4 months ago. I will sacrifice for $650 with free CONUS shipping (no Paypal fee). I am not interested in trades at this time, just a cash deal please. International buyers are unfortunately not welcome, this sword will only be shipped within the United States due to previous problems I have had shipping blades internationally. If you are interested, please write me a PM. Thanks for viewing. Big Grin

Here are the stats:

Total length: 49.0"
Blade length: 38.0"
Grip Length: 9.0"
Blade width at guard: ~2.50"
Guard Width: 8.75"
PoB: 5.0"
Weight: 3lbs, 4oz

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Rare Angus Trim AT1435 War Sword w/ CSS ScabbardSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic