Custom DSA late 14th century bastard and 15th century Messer
The swords in the pictures are two DSA swords one a 1339 14th century two handed sword and a German Messer that Odingaard designed on SBG. I made the rain guard on the 14th century sword from a thick leather, 4mm thickness about, and it goes perfectly over the scabbard. Oxblood color didn't come out even though on the grip or rain guard but overall I am happy with the way I was able to get it to come out. I even tapped holes into the leather so i could thread rain guard together. Unfortunately I couldn't find very thick thread so it is hard to see, I had to go with whatever was in walmart. I did want to thank Sean Flynt for posting lots of pictures on how he made his rain guards. It gave me the instruction I needed to create mine. I also have two pictures of my Messer suspension in progress.

And now the messer.

Could still use practice on my seam. I did skive it before putting it on. I think in the future I will dye the grip off the sword and trim it after it has been glued on. That may keep the color together better. I know I'm not as good as some of you other gents out there but I'm happy. Still working on the messer suspension.
Okay it's all finished now. I redid the grip again on the 1339 but left the rainguard alone. I wasn't happy with the leather wrap as it looked too sloppy, this one seems good to me.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: