Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Recommended Armourers Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Edward Rees

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Recommended Armourers         Reply with quote

I began collecting a year and a half ago and was lucky enough to stumble upon the Mercenary's Tailor. I would have liked to assemble my entire kit from them but that is sadly not possible. As I am ready to continue getting everything together I would appreciate any suggestions from the community as to whom I should turn. In a perfect world the armour would be of the same quality as Allan's but will not break the bank.

Thanks in advance.

The church is close but the roads are icy; the tavern is far, I will walk carefully.
Reece Nelson

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There have been a lot of great work coming out of the Czeck Republic lately. Great craftsmanship and very well priced compared to armourers from America and Europe Wink

some that come to mind are:

Maxim Suprovich with www.wildarmoury.com
www.bestarmour.com
Jiří Klepač with www.armour.cz/
www.armourandcastings.com ( which I think still dosn't have their forge up and running still :/ )
www.hammerbreaker.com.ua/en/

I'v had many friends recommend Maxim from wildarmoury a lot. Hes done a lot of business with foreigners and hes been pulling off some amazing work! Big Grin

Hope this helps
-Reece
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Armory Marek is on to check and see what Arma Bohemia has in stock.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Mike Zielinski

PostPosted: Mon 19 Dec, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

May try:

http://www.tomala.lublin.pl/index.php?strona=new&lng=eng

He makes very good stuff and also Tomasz is one of the best from this part of Middle-East Europe.

Cheers,
Mike from Poland
Edward Rees

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. I now have a good point to begin my search.
The church is close but the roads are icy; the tavern is far, I will walk carefully.
Matt Corbin

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You would do well to look into Armour Vanek in the Czech Republic. He does some VERY nice helmets.

http://www.armour-vanek.cz/indexen.html

“This was the age of heroes, some legendary, some historical . . . the misty borderland of history where fact and legend mingle.”
- R. Ewart Oakeshott
Edward Powell

PostPosted: Wed 21 Sep, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Bestarmour         Reply with quote

I have been using www.bestarmour.com for several years now. Very good quality. This year I registered an order with them. I have been sending e-mails since May (5 e-mails) to milan@bestarmour.com and he has yet to answer any of them. I got on their facebook page & found out they have had some issues with infighting & at least 1 armourer has left them. Unfortunately I can no longer support them since they refuse to answer any e-mails. Fortunately I have not invested any money with them as yet this year. Just ONE e-mail Milan, answer please...
Edward Powell

PostPosted: Sun 16 Oct, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Bestarmour back in business apparently         Reply with quote

So I finally received a reply from Milan. They do such good work that I am going ahead with the transaction. However, I still feel 5 months for a reply to an e-mail us unacceptable regardless of the situation (excepting emergencies of course). I had a pending order which he promised to address on or about July of 2016. It was October before I got a reply to my "what's happening" e-mails. If he runs an internet business & he has pending orders, he needs to respond to the e-mails with NO exceptions (IE: leave a buddy in charge if necessary). Leaving someone hanging is not good for business & will potentially terminate any new business from new buyers. No one likes to be ignored.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 16 Oct, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the bits about the vendor struggles. Always good to have open eyes regarding these things!
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Kel Rekuta

PostPosted: Tue 21 Nov, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bump

Has Best Armour gotten back on track since last year? A decade ago they were our go-to armoury for gauntlets but the communication problems last year were disconcerting.

I have a senior student looking for custom sized gauntlets for full contact armoured combat. She has small hands, off the shelf won't do.

Cheers!
Jean-Carle Hudon

PostPosted: Wed 22 Nov, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Armourer.         Reply with quote

Eric Dubé still does great work. He can be reached at the Duché de Bicolline, a larp town where he does double duty as official photographer. Can't give you an idea as to rates.
Bon coeur et bon bras

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Recommended Armourers
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic