Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

As far as I know, the entire Museum Line offers no customization options. The whole theme behind that line is a museum replication, after all.
Well, I guess I was also indicating the option as a whole... but then again if I don't see why it would be outside the range of possibility since it would be my sword.......... I can understand it on filmsword stuff, but all Albion swords are based on historical examples (or at least artist renditions)... just some are more specific copies...
indeed we can't know for sure that the Svante wasn't blackened with a pink grip :eek: :D all we have are the dimentions, and a vage notion of normal colors.
-just a thought. ;)

Last edited by Alex Oster on Sat 19 Mar, 2005 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Alex Oster wrote:
Well, I guess I was also indicating the option as a whole... but then again if I don't see why it would be outside the range of possibility since it would be my sword.......... I can understand it on filmsword stuff, but all Albion swords are based on historical examples (or at least artist renditions)... just some are more specific copies...

indeed we can't know for sure that the Svante wasn't blackened with a pink grip :eek: :D all we have are the dimentions, and a vage notion of normal colors.

-just a thought. ;)

Well I don't know about the grip but I'm pretty sure Peter could tell whether or not the hilt was blackened as he handled the original extensively.
I think my point is getting obsfuscated... :confused:
I just thought it would be cool black and oxblood... :) thats all... I just wanted to know if they still offered the option ~at all~. :?: not just on one or another... but at all. :D And I thought the svante would look cool a little more custom. :cool:
just a thought. :cool:
Ofcourse I also think they need to offer some kind of payment option that would include organs, next born child, souls, and such... There is too much good stuff coming out all at once! :p

Last edited by Alex Oster on Sat 19 Mar, 2005 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
I recall that Albion has discussed offering the SoSMT as both a "pristine" version, and as a "distressed" version, the distressed version being more expensive.
There is probably no obstacle to ordering a different color grip, if you are dead set on a color other than what Albion designates as standard. Of course, most people will want the standard color since this should best approximate the original, which is the whole point.

Brian M
Brian M wrote:
which is the whole point.

Yes, I understand that. ;) But that is exactly the oposite of my point. :confused: Again, I was refering to the option itself, not just on the museum line. and to reitterate, if its my sword that I'm spending a morgage payment on, I'll bally-well have it my way. :lol: :p :D
I don't have anything against the color options chossen. :)
I understand what the goal of the museum line is. :)
And I don't doubt anyones ability to do their research. :)
I was just asking a question that seems to be missed because of the context of the example. ;)
finales week is over and I'm not required to do any more thinking for at least a week, darn it. :lol: I can't express my thoughts clearly right now I guess. :cool: So n/m it wasn't that important anyway. :D

Last edited by Alex Oster on Sat 19 Mar, 2005 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
It's cool Alex; I think I see exactly what you're saying. But my theory is this: What Peter Johnsson is offering in the Museum/Hallmark series is the precise recreation of one particular sword down to its last detail, unlike a NextGen sword whose design is that of different ones. On Peter's swords, the emphasis is purely history. Did Svante's sword have blackened furniture with a red grip? Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.

As Alina said, Peter spent a lot of time with the original so he would know best if the grip was brown, black -- or red, or pink, or green, or purple with little yellow polka dots :p (whoa, time-out!). My point is that if you order a Svante, or a Tritonia (my fave!) or whichever one with blackened furniture, different colored grip, or anything that makes it look different than on the webpage (or in Peter's documentation of the original), than it wouldn't be historically accurate -- and thus not meeting Peter's standards.

:idea: Anyway, I too have just finished exams. Brain is fried. Just my thoughts. -Ted
I give up. :cry:
everyone seems to be taking it all wrong. :confused:
I understand the concept of the museum line. :cool:
I just want to know if they offer their service at all-anymore :wtf:
I just had a question on a service they used to offer, and wondered if it was still offered. :?:
And I still think the Svante would be neat black and oxblood. :p
my head hurts & I don't want to keep diverting this thread so lets just move on, and I'll call Mike up to figure it all out (and order me some goodies...) :lol:

Sorry if I seem curt, its been a looong week. :(
Alex Oster wrote:
I give up. :cry:
everyone seems to be taking it all wrong. :confused:
I understand the concept of the museum line. :cool:
I just want to know if they offer their service at all-anymore :wtf:
I just had a question on a service they used to offer, and wondered if it was still offered. :?:
And I still think the Svante would be neat black and oxblood. :p
my head hurts & I don't want to keep diverting this thread so lets just move on, and I'll call Mike up to figure it all out (and order me some goodies...) :lol:

Sorry if I seem curt, its been a looong week. :(

Finals week...
Four finals + Severe Laryngitis = not fun :cry: But at least it is over.

I understand what you're saying. To my knowledge, Albion still offers the hilt blueing treatment on the swords if you want it. They also offer grip color choices not displayed on site for an additional cost. I'm not sure if they allow this on the museum line or not but I know I've seen quite a few Ritters with blackened hilt parts. That's the way I want mine. There's just something oddly Teutonic about it...
Move on people.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Move on people.

I was trying... :blush:

I have done some peeking around, but I haven't been able to find what the inscription was suposed to be...? as in what does it represent? I am getting that it was on one version but not another? What wa the story about that :arrow: :?:

:cool:
Just to go off topic for a bit, the sword I would most love to see in the Museum line would have to be XIIIa.2 from Records of the Medieval Sword. That weapon is awesome.
Taylor Ellis wrote:
Just to go off topic for a bit, the sword I would most love to see in the Museum line would have to be XIIIa.2 from Records of the Medieval Sword. That weapon is awesome.

Would you believe if I said I had a custom order for a replica of that sword on order? After a while, before he had begun working on the sword, we decided to blow it off. But even without ever having seen it, it's still my favorite TypeXIIIa.
Taylor Ellis wrote:

:surprised: Oh yeah, that one's one of my favorites too. Kinda reminds me of the Baron. Another one I've always liked in Records is Type Xa 1. -Ted
I know this has been asked before, but any new updates an the MuseumLine St. Maurice-Turin?? It's on my list of possible graduation presents. ;)

Ted
Edward Hitchens wrote:
I know this has been asked before, but any new updates an the MuseumLine St. Maurice-Turin?? It's on my list of possible graduation presents. ;)

Ted

Steve is working on some tweaks that Peter asked for in the blade blank and those should be done soon. Then, the revised blank has to be shipped to Sweden for final fitting of the waxes, then the waxes sent here for molding and casting. Still a couple of months away, I am afraid...

Best,

Howy
I should have it paid off by then. :) Hopefully it can be done by the end of the year, but I'd rather have it done right, than have it done now. Really looking forward to this one, Howy.

Brian M
Brian M wrote:
I should have it paid off by then. :) Hopefully it can be done by the end of the year, but I'd rather have it done right, than have it done now. Really looking forward to this one, Howy.

Brian M

Me, too, Brian! This one has always been on my dream sword list...

Best,

Howy
Howard Waddell wrote:
Edward Hitchens wrote:

Ted

Steve is working on some tweaks that Peter asked for in the blade blank and those should be done soon. Then, the revised blank has to be shipped to Sweden for final fitting of the waxes, then the waxes sent here for molding and casting. Still a couple of months away, I am afraid...

Best,

Howy

No problem at all Howard. Can't wait to see the finished sword, but I'm willing to wait. Do you think it'll be around December-ish? -Ted
Edward Hitchens wrote:
No problem at all Howard. Can't wait to see the finished sword, but I'm willing to wait. Do you think it'll be around December-ish? -Ted

Yep, I am hoping for November/December to have finished swords going out the door (if all goes well.) Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Howy
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Page 4 of 5

Jump to: