Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Museum Line Update -- St. Maurice of Turin Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next 
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 18 Mar, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

As far as I know, the entire Museum Line offers no customization options. The whole theme behind that line is a museum replication, after all.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Alex Oster

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 18 Mar, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I guess I was also indicating the option as a whole... but then again if I don't see why it would be outside the range of possibility since it would be my sword.......... I can understand it on filmsword stuff, but all Albion swords are based on historical examples (or at least artist renditions)... just some are more specific copies...
indeed we can't know for sure that the Svante wasn't blackened with a pink grip Eek! Big Grin all we have are the dimentions, and a vage notion of normal colors.
-just a thought. Wink

The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!
My collection: Various Blades & Conan related

Last edited by Alex Oster on Sat 19 Mar, 2005 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Alina Boyden

PostPosted: Fri 18 Mar, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alex Oster wrote:
Well, I guess I was also indicating the option as a whole... but then again if I don't see why it would be outside the range of possibility since it would be my sword.......... I can understand it on filmsword stuff, but all Albion swords are based on historical examples (or at least artist renditions)... just some are more specific copies...

indeed we can't know for sure that the Svante wasn't blackened with a pink grip Eek! Big Grin all we have are the dimentions, and a vage notion of normal colors.

-just a thought. Wink

Well I don't know about the grip but I'm pretty sure Peter could tell whether or not the hilt was blackened as he handled the original extensively.
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Fri 18 Mar, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think my point is getting obsfuscated... Confused
I just thought it would be cool black and oxblood... Happy thats all... I just wanted to know if they still offered the option ~at all~. Question not just on one or another... but at all. Big Grin And I thought the svante would look cool a little more custom. Cool
just a thought. Cool
Ofcourse I also think they need to offer some kind of payment option that would include organs, next born child, souls, and such... There is too much good stuff coming out all at once! Razz

The pen is mightier than the sword, especially since it can get past security and be stabbed it into a jugular.
This site would be better if everytime I clicked submit... I got to hear a whip crack!

Last edited by Alex Oster on Sat 19 Mar, 2005 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Brian M

PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I recall that Albion has discussed offering the SoSMT as both a "pristine" version, and as a "distressed" version, the distressed version being more expensive.
There is probably no obstacle to ordering a different color grip, if you are dead set on a color other than what Albion designates as standard. Of course, most people will want the standard color since this should best approximate the original, which is the whole point.

Brian M
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian M wrote:
which is the whole point.

Yes, I understand that. Wink But that is exactly the oposite of my point. Confused Again, I was refering to the option itself, not just on the museum line. and to reitterate, if its my sword that I'm spending a morgage payment on, I'll bally-well have it my way. Laughing Out Loud Razz Big Grin
I don't have anything against the color options chossen. Happy
I understand what the goal of the museum line is. Happy
And I don't doubt anyones ability to do their research. Happy
I was just asking a question that seems to be missed because of the context of the example. Wink
finales week is over and I'm not required to do any more thinking for at least a week, darn it. Laughing Out Loud I can't express my thoughts clearly right now I guess. Cool So n/m it wasn't that important anyway. Big Grin

Last edited by Alex Oster on Sat 19 Mar, 2005 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's cool Alex; I think I see exactly what you're saying. But my theory is this: What Peter Johnsson is offering in the Museum/Hallmark series is the precise recreation of one particular sword down to its last detail, unlike a NextGen sword whose design is that of different ones. On Peter's swords, the emphasis is purely history. Did Svante's sword have blackened furniture with a red grip? Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.

As Alina said, Peter spent a lot of time with the original so he would know best if the grip was brown, black -- or red, or pink, or green, or purple with little yellow polka dots Razz (whoa, time-out!). My point is that if you order a Svante, or a Tritonia (my fave!) or whichever one with blackened furniture, different colored grip, or anything that makes it look different than on the webpage (or in Peter's documentation of the original), than it wouldn't be historically accurate -- and thus not meeting Peter's standards.

Idea Anyway, I too have just finished exams. Brain is fried. Just my thoughts. -Ted

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I give up. Cry
everyone seems to be taking it all wrong. Confused
I understand the concept of the museum line. Cool
I just want to know if they offer their service at all-anymore WTF?!
I just had a question on a service they used to offer, and wondered if it was still offered. Question
And I still think the Svante would be neat black and oxblood. Razz
my head hurts & I don't want to keep diverting this thread so lets just move on, and I'll call Mike up to figure it all out (and order me some goodies...) Laughing Out Loud

Sorry if I seem curt, its been a looong week. Sad

Alina Boyden

PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alex Oster wrote:
I give up. Cry
everyone seems to be taking it all wrong. Confused
I understand the concept of the museum line. Cool
I just want to know if they offer their service at all-anymore WTF?!
I just had a question on a service they used to offer, and wondered if it was still offered. Question
And I still think the Svante would be neat black and oxblood. Razz
my head hurts & I don't want to keep diverting this thread so lets just move on, and I'll call Mike up to figure it all out (and order me some goodies...) Laughing Out Loud

Sorry if I seem curt, its been a looong week. Sad

Finals week...
Four finals + Severe Laryngitis = not fun Cry But at least it is over.

I understand what you're saying. To my knowledge, Albion still offers the hilt blueing treatment on the swords if you want it. They also offer grip color choices not displayed on site for an additional cost. I'm not sure if they allow this on the museum line or not but I know I've seen quite a few Ritters with blackened hilt parts. That's the way I want mine. There's just something oddly Teutonic about it...
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Move on people.
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Alex Oster

PostPosted: Sat 19 Mar, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
Move on people.

I was trying... Blush

I have done some peeking around, but I haven't been able to find what the inscription was suposed to be...? as in what does it represent? I am getting that it was on one version but not another? What wa the story about that Arrow Question

Cool

Taylor Ellis

PostPosted: Fri 01 Apr, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just to go off topic for a bit, the sword I would most love to see in the Museum line would have to be XIIIa.2 from Records of the Medieval Sword. That weapon is awesome.
Thomas Hoogendam

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Sat 02 Apr, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Taylor Ellis wrote:
Just to go off topic for a bit, the sword I would most love to see in the Museum line would have to be XIIIa.2 from Records of the Medieval Sword. That weapon is awesome.

Would you believe if I said I had a custom order for a replica of that sword on order? After a while, before he had begun working on the sword, we decided to blow it off. But even without ever having seen it, it's still my favorite TypeXIIIa.
Edward Hitchens

PostPosted: Sat 02 Apr, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Taylor Ellis wrote:

Surprised Oh yeah, that one's one of my favorites too. Kinda reminds me of the Baron. Another one I've always liked in Records is Type Xa 1. -Ted

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Edward Hitchens

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I know this has been asked before, but any new updates an the MuseumLine St. Maurice-Turin?? It's on my list of possible graduation presents. Wink

Ted

Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Hitchens wrote:
I know this has been asked before, but any new updates an the MuseumLine St. Maurice-Turin?? It's on my list of possible graduation presents. Wink

Ted

Steve is working on some tweaks that Peter asked for in the blade blank and those should be done soon. Then, the revised blank has to be shipped to Sweden for final fitting of the waxes, then the waxes sent here for molding and casting. Still a couple of months away, I am afraid...

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Brian M

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I should have it paid off by then. Happy Hopefully it can be done by the end of the year, but I'd rather have it done right, than have it done now. Really looking forward to this one, Howy.

Brian M
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian M wrote:
I should have it paid off by then. Happy Hopefully it can be done by the end of the year, but I'd rather have it done right, than have it done now. Really looking forward to this one, Howy.

Brian M

Me, too, Brian! This one has always been on my dream sword list...

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
Edward Hitchens

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Edward Hitchens wrote:

Ted

Steve is working on some tweaks that Peter asked for in the blade blank and those should be done soon. Then, the revised blank has to be shipped to Sweden for final fitting of the waxes, then the waxes sent here for molding and casting. Still a couple of months away, I am afraid...

Best,

Howy

No problem at all Howard. Can't wait to see the finished sword, but I'm willing to wait. Do you think it'll be around December-ish? -Ted

Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 24 Aug, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Hitchens wrote:
No problem at all Howard. Can't wait to see the finished sword, but I'm willing to wait. Do you think it'll be around December-ish? -Ted

Yep, I am hoping for November/December to have finished swords going out the door (if all goes well.) Thanks for your patience!

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Museum Line Update -- St. Maurice of Turin
Page 4 of 5 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: