Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Does anybody know anything about the quality of this axe? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Corey Skriletz

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Does anybody know anything about the quality of this axe?         Reply with quote

If something to this thread's affect has already been posted, then I apologize, I honestly had no idea what to type in for a search. I know not who the maker is, nor even the proper name for the axe, as I have seen it under a couple separate names. I have just a few questions about it and would be very grateful for any answers. Here is a picture of the axe in question:

http://www.medieval-chain-mail-armor.com/medieval-axe.htm

1) If anybody owns this axe, is it a good quality had? or is it chap and super-thin?

2) I have seen an axe like this a lot in the Maciejowski Bible. Did they use axes of this style in Richard I's England or were the more viking-style axes still more prominent?

3) Does that head look too big to be realistic for the aforementioned time period, or would they use something that big? If so, is that handle too small, or odes it look right, as well?

Thanks, again, for any answers you may have.
Lin Robinson

Reading list: 6 books

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Does anybody know anything about the quality of this axe         Reply with quote

Corey Skriletz wrote:
If something to this thread's affect has already been posted, then I apologize, I honestly had no idea what to type in for a search. I know not who the maker is, nor even the proper name for the axe, as I have seen it under a couple separate names. I have just a few questions about it and would be very grateful for any answers. Here is a picture of the axe in question:

http://www.medieval-chain-mail-armor.com/medieval-axe.htm

1) If anybody owns this axe, is it a good quality had? or is it chap and super-thin?

2) I have seen an axe like this a lot in the Maciejowski Bible. Did they use axes of this style in Richard I's England or were the more viking-style axes still more prominent?

3) Does that head look too big to be realistic for the aforementioned time period, or would they use something that big? If so, is that handle too small, or odes it look right, as well?

Thanks, again, for any answers you may have.

It is a wall hanger. I have seen and held this axe and one similar. This one is made in India by Deepeeka. The head is too big for actual use IMHO. The price is a clue as to its quality, although some Deepeeka items are very sturdy.

Lin Robinson

"The best thing in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women." Conan the Barbarian, 1982
Corey Skriletz

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
It is a wall hanger. I have seen and held this axe and one similar. This one is made in India by Deepeeka. The head is too big for actual use IMHO. The price is a clue as to its quality, although some Deepeeka items are very sturdy.

Thank you, Lin. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Does anybody know anything about the quality of this axe?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic