A trio of Seax blades.
I got these 3 finished yesterday, they will be the last blades for a while as I have a pile of finishing to do in the next couple of months .

I present the latest kentish 3...
[ Linked Image ]

I could not get a good image of the top blade (243)in the morning light I will try again this eve.
21" blade 12mm at the broken back and 8mm at the hilt. blade weighs 1lb 11 oz.
7 bar with differential harden along the W2 edge .....

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

middle balde 244
5 bar construction , I wanted to go with a minimal pattern for this one and it is simple , the twists are 5 bar 1095 and 15n20 . the 1095 is similar enough o the w2 that some of the hamone show through the twists. I think the simple pattern ends up more striking, a bit like the stars on a hillbilly race car!

The 18" blade tapers from 9mm thick at the hilt to 6mm thick where the tip turns. it weighs 1lb 5 oz.

[ Linked Image ]

bottom blade 244
I really like this blade, I dabbed little blobs of clay between the W2 and laminate layer, it feels good to be able to play with the crystalline molecular structure like that!!
the blade is 9"
9mm at the broken back and 7mm at the hilt

[ Linked Image ]

I must now run out to the shop and handle up some kitchen knives..........hi ho , hi ho, its off to work I go.
I am getting bored with saying lovely work Owen, so I will stop now.

You really are Mr Seax and Mr Axe - a bit Jekyll and Hyde. Which is the nice one?

As ever though the quality and realism of the pieces is phenomenal and after I have made a knife for myself (scheduled for sometime late in my retirement I think) I will get a blade from you that stays as mine rather than goes off to a customer. I just love the them

Tod
Re: A trio of Seax blades.
Owen Bush wrote:
hi ho , hi ho, its off to work I go.

I wish I could show such spirit on my way to the office :)

Beautifull blades as usual owen, looking forward to see these hilted!

Cheers,

J
Leo Todeschini wrote:
I am getting bored with saying lovely work Owen, so I will stop now.

You really are Mr Seax and Mr Axe - a bit Jekyll and Hyde. Which is the nice one?

As ever though the quality and realism of the pieces is phenomenal and after I have made a knife for myself (scheduled for sometime late in my retirement I think) I will get a blade from you that stays as mine rather than goes off to a customer. I just love the them

Tod

I have to second the first part as words are getting difficult to find to praise your work and still say something original. ;) :D :cool:

I don't think it's ( Nice, Seax ) Jekyll and ( Evil, Axes ) Hyde, it more like " Bad "Hyde and even " worse " Hyde on steroîds.
Very nice. Love the patterns.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: