Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Mid Sixteenth Century HalberdRemoved Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Sean O'Sirin

Feedback score: 100%
(5 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: For Sale: Mid Sixteenth Century Halberd         Reply with quote

This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

This item is an Original southern German/central European Halberd that dates from the mid 16th century. Also known as a thrusting halberd because the pike aspect as grown to far greater proportion when compared with the earlier cutting types of this weapon. The metal parts of this weapon are in unrestored condition. I have a suspicion that I won't look as good when I reach the age of 500+. I cannot say for certain, but I suspect the wood shaft was probably replaced aroun the turn of the previous century as was common during the Victorian era or it may well date from the Renaissance. Either way the wood is in excellent condition. A deeply stamped makers mark is noted in the pics and I also have pics that I have detailed out the file marks left on the head of this weapon after it was finished. An almost identical piece can be seen at this location http://www.ashokaarts.com/shop/european-austr...irca-1560.
Don't miss a rare opportunity to own a weapon of great age and authenticity. Halberds of late Medieval and Renaissance era often sell for over $3000. I am asking $1500 or best offer. Overall length is about 90 inches.

Attachment: 168.77 KB
2.jpg

Attachment: 102.61 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 134.67 KB
[ Download ]

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Mid Sixteenth Century HalberdRemoved
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic