Some of my latest Daggers
Here are some pics of recent orders to come out of my smithy. Comments, questions welcome.
The blades on all of these are 1095, except for the fancy walnut handled dagger, it has a blade of D-2. All are hand forged and differentially heat-treated.

Attachment: 76.58 KB
arbiterdag3.jpg

Attachment: 65.2 KB
bluedstalwart.jpg

Attachment: 73.51 KB
cherrybootdag1.jpg

Attachment: 71.7 KB
customringguard.jpg

Attachment: 77.61 KB
customringguard2.jpg

D2 steel is one of my favorite for knives or short daggers. i have a pocket knife made by queen cutlery that i had the option of a d2 blade or 1095 - and i was very pleased with jumping to the D2. it just holds a edge so well and it's piratically indestructible.

the walnut is nice but i'm intrigued by the last one there - is that Ash?
Hi Daniel.
Nope the last pic is the same piece right above it. The grip is black walnut. It has been cut from the crotch of the tree (the junction of a branch to the trunk). That is where that nice figure comes from. I just gave it a clear-coat so the coloration is all natural. Nice stuff isn't it?

D-2 is one of my favorite steels. I use it for most of my personal stuff like this one:

Attachment: 81.24 KB
ringdagger-004.jpg

i knew that maple would show those stress striations (such as tiger maple) yeah if i saw that in a wood pile i'd go right for it like :eek:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: