spike hawk
continuing my journey into axes ,I have made a couple of hawks .here is the first .....
spike hawk .
I must admit to not knowing an awfull lot about the form and shape of these so I made this up, so its an Owen spike hawk ... I like it .
the head weighs 1lb and oa weight is 1 1/4 lb..
The blade is 3 inches along the edge front to back is 9" and the handle is 24 inches top to bottom ,the handle is tiger maple andI flame textured it with a gas axe (as I believe was traditional in ye oldy frontier times! ) the loverly striping is now 3D and helps the grip a lot I like the finish .

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Very nice - I like it!
I'm coming to appreciate these weapons/tools more and more, and that's a beauty!
Mr. Bush,

I really like the no-nonsense look of pure functionality the head possesses, but like it all the more because the rough look is balanced by the nice pattern of the wood in the shaft.

The spike looks like it could punch through just about anything and come out ready for another swing. I like the shape of it, as far as the cross-section and all. The ax portion looks built to function under heavy duty use as well. Nice!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: