This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

hello im selling my 2011 musso bowie with certifate of authenticity
asking $250 shipped
official description
A Handmade Historical Re-creation of the Jim Bowie Knife. Aka "Musso" Bowie Knife.L imited to 100 per year only! Yes the Legend is Back, in Version 2

Musso Bowie Knife aka Primitive Bowie knife.

There have been many knives made that are believed to be a Bowie knife. Well we want to make this one thing clear. All we are interested in the knife (knives) carried personally by Jim Bowie.Now that this is cleared, we thought it best to make this version owned by Mr. Joseph Musso first. Why? It is believed this is the knife carried by Bowie for the rest of his life and the knife used in his defense of the Alamo.There has been allot of controversy surrounding this knife. Many historians believed it was made by Jim Bowie and there are some who now believe it was originally made for Bowie by James Black, a well known and renowned knife maker in Arkansas. So where do we at Generation2 fall? It does not matter. All that matters is that there has been a need for a historical, working re-creation of this highly sought after knife. And we believe we have done our best.

Where did we get the plans, detail and history to re-create this knife? Well have great customer on the east cost who is a Bowie fan and has done allot of research on this knife. He also has the details for the other knives that Bowie carried. Does this mean we will do the other knives as well? Hmmm, maybe.

Since this is a historical copy we felt it necessary not to put any other markings other than what was on the original, but it will come with a laminated card with each knife with a brief history and stating this is "this is one of only 100 to be made in 2008".

This is and will be a highly collectable knife, but we felt that it need to be a working knife, not just a stainless steel generic version as many are that have been made.

This knife it made from 5160 carbon steel, all hand hammer and hand ground, with a full tang and this blade comes with a sharp (workable) edge.The handle is made from an exotic hardwood that will last. The scabbard is wood that has been wrapped in leather with brass accents.

Order now! Remember there will only be 100 made per year!

Specifications:

Blade Length: 14"
Overall Length: 18 7/8"
Handle Material: Exotic Hardwood
Weight: 1 lb 13 oz.
This knife it made from 5160 carbon steel, all hand hammer and hand ground
Comes with a sharp (workable) edge
Full Tang
(From Clyde Hollis Legacy Arms (Generation 2)

"After so many years you ask why did Legacy Arms remake this knife? Well after many e-mails, phone calls from many people asking us to please re-do this knife (and believe me it was not easy) we said OK. But I (Clyde) struggled on how to make this knife and not hurt the value of the Original 200.
The last thing I wanted was to upset those who were blessed and fortunate to get the original 200 and as many of you know how the value went up. I will not mention the customer's name but I get receive a call from someone who was looking for one of these knives and someone on Ebay was selling theirs. The knife went for over $600.00, and the original cost was $199.00.
So you can see where I struggled. So after much feedback on several Forums and Brain Storming with John Cooper (one of Generation 2's Retailers) it seemed good and it seemed the right time to come back with the Legendary Bowie Knife.
The feedback was consistent that we make it a Version 2 (and the Authenticity Card will reflect that) and make the knife in the original size.
Yes the knife is higher than the original but the cost of steel and especially Brass is allot higher so we have opted to make it the 14" long blade like the original and to make the blade ever so slightly curved as the original.
And make it highly Collectible by only making 100 per year. And again each Authenticity Card will reflect the Year as well."

any uestions feel free to send me an email thanks =D

Attachment: 85.09 KB
mussolg.jpg