For Sale: Late 12th, Early 13th century Crusader Items
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hello all,

I have gotten my feet wet, so to speak, when it comes to commissioning some custom made kit items, and I think I am about ready to dive in. So, I thought I would sell some old items I have that might be of interest to someone on these forums. First of all, I really don't want to sell just some of these items, but would only want to sell them all, so right now I am only selling them as a set. I doubt this will be difficult to do, considering the outrageously low price I am asking. I really don't want to have to come back and post lower prices over and over again like I see in other threads where people start off asking what an item is worth, then gradually have to go lower and lower and lower. I would rather just offer a great deal and sell quickly. So I might "bump" every now and again, if there is no interest, but the price will remain the same. And as low as the price is, this means if you are interested, then don't wait around to hope the price drops any, because it won't. It is possible I will sell them individually if enough time passes with no buyer, but I am expecting at this price, I will sell them easily.

Due to shipping costs, they are for sale in the CONUS only.

These items are from a kit I made about 5 years ago (my first and one I have enjoyed for a long time :) ) The mail is butted, so it is not of extreme high quality, but the other items are as good as production items get IMHO.

So here they are (remember sold as a set)

Early Crusader Great Helm
This is a very high quality helm. I am listing it as 18ga. steel simply because I am not 100% certain, but I think it is actually 16ga. It has been so long I simply cannot remember for sure, and I do not have calipers or whatever is used to measure this :blush: Here is a link to where this item is currently sold: http://www.bytheswordinc.com/p-3584-early-gre...h0140.aspx
This helm has been worn extensively and has had some mild oxidation stains on it and the leather lner and chinstrap inside are mildly stained from being worn over mail. It is in very good condition.

An armourer's mark (not sure what company this is...anyone know?

Mail Hauberk w/ Integral Coif and Mittens
This mail hauberk is made of butted 16ga. mild steel rings and is made in the correct fashion for a knight of this period, with the coif and mittens all in one piece with the rest of the garment. Here is a link to where this item is currently sold: http://www.bytheswordinc.com/p-2013-crusader-...-6822.aspx
This mail has been extensively worn and has a darkened patina to it from oxidation over the years. It looks like a well worn knight's armor should look, not brand new and perfectly shiny. The construction of the mittens is somewhat awkward though, and it may need to be altered somewhat, depending on one's size. I have altered it some by cutting slits in either thumb, to allow for a better grip on a sword or shield. Also a few rings have been added to the armpit, to loosen the tightness when I extended my arms. Not the best quality hauberk to be found by any means, but it is excellent for a starter kit.

Mail Chauses
These mail chauses are also butted 16ga. mild steel. They have a integrated leather strap for tying to a belt, but they will require leather straps to be laced up the back. This style is well represented in period art, and is quite historical (butted construction not withstanding, of course) Here is a link to where they are currently sold: http://www.bytheswordinc.com/p-2014-mail-chauses-ah-6823.aspx
This mail is also well-worn and has a somewhat darkened patina.

Knee Cops
These knee cops are made of 14ga. steel. Here is a link to where they are currently sold: http://www.bytheswordinc.com/p-4594-knee-cops-sd-250.aspx
They have been extensively worn and have some mild oxidation staining. Also the leather straps have been trimmed so that there was not too much excess strap hanging when buckled (when I was wearing them).

Crusader Prick Spurs.
These spurs are made of solid brass, and have black leather straps attached. Here is a link to where they are currently sold: http://www.bytheswordinc.com/p-1967-crusader-spur-d-ah-6705.aspx
These spurs have been extensively worn and show some wear from walking in them, such as small scratches and such, and the leather is a little worn. However, they are in good condition.

So those are the items for sale as a set. And here is the price: $625 Yes, only $625 for everything you see in the pictures above (excluding the helmet stand, used for photo purposes only). And this does include shipping to anywhere in the CONUS.

ALL OF THIS, ONLY $625 SHIPPING INCLUDED (CONT, US ONLY)

Please PM me with interest or to ask any questions you may have. For your assurance, I accept Paypal payments only, and for my assurance, the shipment will be sent with signature confirmation.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this long thread and all the photos. :)
For Sale: Free Additions to "Late 12th, Early 13th C.&a

Since the items in that thread have all been used in the past, and $625 is just enough money that most people have to think a bit before spending it in this horrible economy, I have decided to add a couple items to the set, as free extras.

The first is a Windlass Brass Sword Hilted Dagger. It has a solid brass pommel and guard, with a 14" flattened diamond cross section blade. The grip is wrapped in black leather and is 4" in length. Includes a black leather sheath with brass throat and chape. This dagger has been discontinued for a while now, and is only available through the secondary market, so no link to where it is currently sold--sorry.
The pommel and guard have some scuffing (and one ding in the pommel) primarily from being worn on a belt, and being knocked around a bit. This dagger has only mildly been used in the past, and the blade is nearly pristine, and was sharpened by MRL at the time of original purchase.

The second is a three-volume slip-cased set of Sir Steven Runciman's A History of the Crusades, consisting of The First Crusade (Vol. 1), The Kingdom of Jerusalem (Vol.2), and The Kingdom of Acre (Vol.3). These are the Folio Society version of the works published in the early 1950's by Sir Steven Runciman, and still considered one of the most definitive, though brief (IMO, considering its scope), yet quite comprehensive histories of the Crusades.
The volumes are bound in vegetable parchment, with a beautiful slipcase. Here is a link to where they are currently sold: http://www.foliosociety.com/book/HCR/history-of-the-crusades
The volumes themselves are in like new condition, with the exception of my name and date of acquisition written in small writing in the front of each volume. The slipcase shows some mild signs of shelf wear on the bottom, and one very small tear at a joining of the boards on top.

The addition of these items to the set does not add any to the price--it is still $625, including shipping to CONUS.
While all the items listed in that post and this one have been extensively to mildly used, please do not be put off by this. I want to describe them very honestly but they are all in quite good condition and will make an excellent start for anyone interested in creating a late 12th, early 13th century Crusader kit.

So set now includes: Helm, Hauberk, Chauses, Knee Cops, Spurs, Dagger, and 3-Volume History of the Crusades. Price is still $625 for all these items, and shipping is included. Thanks again for looking.

Items now available individually. (Package deal still honored if purchased before anything sells individually)
HELM--$250 shipped
HAUBERK--$175 shipped
CHAUSES--$115 shipped
KNEE COPS--$50 shipped
SPURS--$25 shipped
DAGGER--$55 shipped
BOOKS--$70 shipped

Hauberk is SOLD

*BUMP*
Since 6 of 7 items still available, then if an item is purchased, any two items of lesser value than that item are free BOGO on arms and armor. Lol. What's this economy coming to? Seriously, though, I'm not going to use these items any more, so I'd like someone to get them who will.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: