Go to page 1, 2  Next

Scabbard for Albion NG Prince by Todsstuff.co.uk
...or what can happen when you answer "very" to Tod's question: "How fancy do you want it?".

I have been asking Tod to make a couple of scabbards for Albion Europe. I wanted to have a couple of examples to bring to the upcoming fairs/markets. I just want to share some pictures of the stunning scabbard Tod made for a NG Prince (we really need to make some fancier sword models to match the scabbards).

Full size pictures can be found at Albion Europe's Flickr-page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/albioneurope/

Enjoy :-)

Søren

Attachment: 134.06 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 141.23 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 131.36 KB
[ Download ]
"and he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"...:)

Tod if I could I would stand on my desk and clap with both hands. You have again raised the bar.

Soren, I believe that's the most stunning and true to period scabbard I have yet seen. I don't think it's flashy or overly fancy, it is the very image of scabbards seen on effigies.

I can help but reloading one of your picts, in case people should not click on the links above.

Best,

J
Stunning! :surprised:
Julien M wrote:
Soren, I believe that's the most stunning and true to period scabbard I have yet seen. I don't think it's flashy or overly fancy, it is the very image of scabbards seen on effigies.

I agree. That is perfect! It is the best modern-made scabbard I have seen. :)
That is so far beyond beauty that it is practically obscene.
-Terry
Jonathan Hopkins wrote:
I agree. That is perfect! It is the best modern-made scabbard I have seen. :)

Seconded. I agree...
Holy smokes!

Wow.......Very impressive.
WOW!! A scabbard and belt truly fit for a prince! Pun absolutely intended!

Yes, the sword looks somewhat workaday when coupled with those accessories.
WOWSERS!! That's stunning.

I agree, this is the most historically accurate looking modern scabbrd I have yet seen. It just cries out authenticity.

I feel it fits the sword well. We see many period swords with more stark and noble lines. That isn't to saw that I wouldn't love to see a scabbard like this on a more glitsy sword.
Holy sexy scabbard, Batman!!! :surprised: :eek: :D
Whew. That is a very sexy scabbard. I don't believe I've ever seen anything to compare it to, except perhaps the stone-carved versions on some funeral effigies... Stunning work, Tod. It's very inspirational! Also, congratulations on an excellent commission piece, Søren!

- Gregory
I was going to say "stunningly beautiful", but I've noticed that a lot of others have said "stunning" already. But I think "astonishingly beautiful" fits here nicely too. What an outstanding piece. I love how the scabbard seems to so beautifully complement the hilt furniture on the sword. Simply gorgeous.

Last edited by Craig Peters on Sat 15 Oct, 2011 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Absolutely terrific. This is really an amazing piece of work, and I like the contrast with the clean lines of the sword. Bravo! :cool:
That there is just disgustingly beautiful!
Todd, you outdid yourself yet again! Congratulations, it is the very embodiement of how true to the originals a modern craftsman can work - you could easilly imagine it serving as inspiration for craftsman wh made the effigies already menthioned earlier.
Beautiful, it isn't so much the scabbard as it is the belt that uplifts this above the usual work IMO :)
That is extremely beautiful!!!
Wow. That is amazing. Best I have seen in awhile. Makes an otherwise beautiful sword seem to need some upgrades.
Craig Peters wrote:
I was going to say "stunningly beautiful", but I've noticed that a lot of others have said "stunning" already. But I think "astonishingly beautiful" fits here nicely too. What an outstanding piece. I love how the scabbard seems to so beautifully complement the hitl furniture on the sword. Simply gorgeous.

Extradanorilicious: Running out of real words so have to invent some and I second the above and all the other comments. :D :cool:
This is the best scabbard I´ve seen made for an Albion sword.

...Or skip that.

That is the best scabbard I´ve seen made in the 21st century.

Wow, Tod.

You really did set a new standard here.

:-)

I want more!!
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: