"War of 1812" on PBS
Last night PBS aired "War of 1812", a two hour program which provides a very enjoyable introduction and overview of the conflict. Having never studied the War of 1812, I found it very fascinating. The program offers multiple perspectives on the war--British, American, Canadian, and Native American. To my eyes, the reenactment scenes were well done and added to the production, and the experts that were interviewed were engaging. I recommend checking it out, especially if you are unfamiliar with the war. It is not often covered by typical documentaries (since there are no ice road truckers or pawn stores), so I think it is worth supporting this sort of programming!

http://www.pbs.org/wned/war-of-1812/

It is available on DVD and is also viewable online (maybe in the US only, not sure): http://video.pbs.org/video/2089393539
I caught this too, and purely by chance. I was also impressed with it.

Cheers,

CHT
This is running at least all week with another starting in a few minutes. As I am on my third viewing of the Sazuka race Sunday, I'll watch it today and again and again.

Cheers

GC
After reading Jonathan's post earlier today, I found and taped it this afternoon. Just got through viewing it, Extremely well done compared to similar historic documentaries.
To bad I missed it. Being in Ohio, the War of 1812 is in many ways a defining moment for the state, and a fairly significant portion of the conflict actually took place here, which is an oddity of sorts for the area.
Just caught the show on PBS2 in KY. It was rather entertaining and informative. I might have to buy this one :cool:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: