The passing of Maitre Joseph Pechinsky
It is with tremendous sadness that I note the passing of a very great friend of mine- Maitre Joseph Pechinsky died on September 22, 2011.
Almost all of what I know of fencing and teaching I gained from him. He will be greatly missed by me and many others.

http://www.tannercityfencersclub.com/

http://www.salemnews.com/sports/x446638012/Wo...-Pechinsky
My condolences in the loss of your good friend and respected swordmaster.

I don't have any personal knowledge of him but I though it would be a shame if no one expressed their sympathies to you and also " bumping " this Topic to give others a chance to also express their sympathies: It always sad losing someone that has had a great place in one's life.
After reading the Salem News article, I am convinced this man was truly a special individual, and gifted in many facets of his life. It's nice to hear that he lived to such a ripe old age and did such splendid things for his community. Very admirable! My sincerest condolences.

-Gregory
He was able to share this love he had with people for much of the last fifty years, a great tribute to him and his passion for this. I am sure he is happy knowing that many of his students will continue passing his skills on.

It is always sad to see a good person pass on but it is nice to reflect upon their lives and their impact upon those around them,

RPM
Gregory J. Liebau wrote:
After reading the Salem News article, I am convinced this man was truly a special individual, and gifted in many facets of his life. It's nice to hear that he lived to such a ripe old age and did such splendid things for his community. Very admirable! My sincerest condolences.

-Gregory

I agree and it's very much worth it reading the Salem Mews article especially for those of us not knowledgeable about the modern Olympic sport of fencing and about the great influence of the teachings of Maitre Joseph Pechinsky and this inspiring story: A great and kind man who helped others greatly and influenced many lives in a positive way.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: