Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > The Mercenary's Tailor Is Out Of Business Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 
Craig Peters

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan,

I know I did not purchase very much from you, but it was a pleasure to do business with you. I am sorry to hear about your situation, but I think it is a good time to mention that most setbacks in life give us an opportunity to do something equal to or even greater than we did before. I am not simply saying this as a trite, "feel-good" comment; many of the greatest businessmen and inventors met with serious setbacks, failures, and in some cases bankruptcies before achieving their great successes- Henry Ford and Thomas Edison come to mind. I hope you are able to see this difficult situation as an opportunity in the waiting, and capitalize from it.

All the best.
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sad news. I've been so pleased with the items I've ordered from you, and even happier with the level of customer service. I do feel your talents and work ethic will serve you well in whatever future enterprises you have, whether it is armor or some other interest.

Best,

Michael
Neal B

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is very sad. I bought several pieces in recent years and all are excellent, and I often referred to you to people in need.

Good luck, best wishes.
Scott Hrouda

Reading list: 87 books

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm at a loss for words. You are a man who stands behind his word and his work. I'll treasure my MT pieces and remember our kind and honest conversations each and every time I wear them.

I wish you the very best,

Scott

...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped. - Sir Bedevere
P. Cha

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh man, really sorry to hear this. You made some top notch stuff.
Dan P

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear about MT closing. Although I don't buy/collect/wear armor, the MT buckler hanging in my office right now is one of the nicest things I have and honestly should have cost a lot more than I paid for it. Allen, I wish you the best of luck with your transition and hope it works out for you in the long run.
Nathan Gilleland

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allen, I am very sorry that I did not purchase more from you in recent times. I was busy trying to clean out my current collection to fund some new purchases. I am sorry that some new MT armor will not be available.

Thank you for such great products and service! I'll certainly treasure the pieces I was fortunate to get.

As others have already said, when doors close, other and better doors will open.

Seek Honor before Wealth,
Truth before Honor,
God Before all
Christian Henry Tobler

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear this Allan. Thanks for the good work you've done for various members of the Selohaar family - it's truly appreciated.

Be well, and best wishes for your renewed prosperity,

Christian

Christian Henry Tobler
Order of Selohaar

Freelance Academy Press: Books on Western Martial Arts and Historical Swordsmanship

Author, In Saint George's Name: An Anthology of Medieval German Fighting Arts
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan,

This is a real shame and I'm sorry for it. I always found you to be a stand up guy and it's sad to see anyone leave the business. I hope the future will be brighter than it must seem right now.

"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Benjamin Rial

PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I guess I really can't say more than what has already been said. I am terribly sorry to hear of MT's situation. All the best hopes and prayers to you and yours for future success and happiness. I am a proud owner of several pieces from MT and will cherish them always.
"The only thing new in this world is the history we don't know."-Pres. Harry S. Truman

www.forgedintime.com

Vel Arte, Vel Marte
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 30 Sep, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If anyone cares to pass this on to other folks they know who are in " coulda, shoulda, woulda " catagory about out wares now that we've closed, who might have a look at the catalog on our site while skipping the home page and see the zeroed out prices . This is not a sale, business's don't sell products for $0.00 ( yet ). I had figured that even without reading the closure notice on the home page this would be fairly obvious but I have had several attempts made to buy thing in the last few days ( the host is still taking down the site ) including this morning. The prices were zeroed out so that folks credit crads would not be charged not to have a sale.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan, I hope that when you have some good news, like a new job, you will let us know.

It will be a relief to know that you are doing O.K. and those more religious among us are certainly praying for you, while the less religious are still thinking positive thoughts about you and yours.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Greg Mele
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allen,

I have been off myArmoury for a few weeks and am just getting caught up. I know what a struggle this has been and am really sorry to see such a class act have to throw in the towel. My very best hopes and wishes for you and yours.

Greg

Greg Mele
Chicago Swordplay Guild
www.chicagoswordplayguild.com

www.freelanceacademypress.com
Allen Foster

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Who are we kidding. This just sucks for everyone, especially Allan who gave it his all. Sorry for the language Chad & Nathan, but sometimes proper English just doesn't do the job.

To all: Isn't there anything we can do to help? Something? Sad

"Rise up, O Lord, and may thy enemies be dispersed and those who hate thee be driven from thy face."
Barry C. Hutchins

PostPosted: Mon 03 Oct, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan,

I do not know you except by what others have posted about you and your work, and the pictures thereof. A quote from The 13th Warrior came to mind from the death scene of Buliwyf.. but then a more appropriate quotation came:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." : TR

Keep your tools, you may be done with a business, but I suspect that you are far from done with your fine work. Your reputation here is good enough that some commissioned work may come your way if you are interested, allowing you to continue your passion while you find other work/career to feed the passion along with paying the mundane bills.
Michael Eging

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I really love my ring mail coat from MT. It is top notch. All the best in your future endeavors.
M. Eging
Hamilton, VA
www.silverhornechoes.com
Member of the HEMA Alliance
http://hemaalliance.com/
Justin B.

Reading list: 17 books

PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan,

I didn't have an opportunity to do much business with you, but I was always very impressed with the manner in which you ran MT, with an excellent product at an excellent price, complete with that handmade look of rough-and-ready munitions-grade stuff that I an (I think) many others quite loved. I would've liked to have done more business with you, but such is life: money is tight all around.

More importantly than our collective sadness at the loss of MT, I hope that you'll be able to get through this afloat and with your home. I daresay that the loss of your not-inconsiderable talent is a small price for us all to pay, if it should help you and yours.

Best wishes,
-Justin

Upon his arm he baar a gay bracer,
And by his syde a swerd and a bokeler,
And on that oother syde a gay daggere,
Harneised wel, and sharpe as point of spere.
A Cristophere on his brest of silver sheene,
An horn he bar, the bawdryk was of grene.
A Forster was he, soothly, as I gesse.
Gary Venable

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am very sorry to see MT close. Allan you have always been great to work with and I will greatly miss working with you. I hope in the future if the opportunity arises you will continue to create some wonderful armour again.
Gary
Sam Barris

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This news makes me sad. I'm sorry that things happened this way, Allan. I am very fond of the work of yours that I have, and wish I'd picked up more. Like some others here, I hope you find a way to keep your craft alive in some form. Good luck in your future endeavors, whichever direction you choose to go.
Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Christian G. Cameron

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very sorry, Allan. I'll miss you and your work, which was very fine.
Christian G. Cameron

Qui plus fait, miex vault

www.hippeis.com

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > The Mercenary's Tailor Is Out Of Business
Page 2 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: