Dagger from Historisches Museum, Bern, Switzerland
Does anyone have more pictures of this piece (3rd from left)?

http://www.armabohemia.cz/imgnew/epees/epees/ep51v4.jpg

Google wasn't much help.
That is a beautiful baselard! I've never seen it before and would like to know more about it myself.
Maybe I can help you, but I will have to have a look in my old catalogues.
Jens
Sorry I can't help you.
Jens
That's a pity Jens. But thanks for trying :)
No info, but I agree with everyone else--that's a GORGEOUS baselard!
Here is a photo of the hilt.

Attachment: 129.03 KB
bern_dagger.jpg

The strange thing is, that I could not find it in the 1912 Moser catalogue, which was Moser's private catalogue, two years before he gave his collection to the Historisches Museum Bern.
This is a story of its own, and I will spear you the details, but to make it short, the collection has been taken down, at least twice, and for years, although it should have been on exhibition all the time, according to the treaty with Moser - and it is, at the moment in the reserves.
I just got a mail showing the dagger, so all should be fine.
Jens
Michal,
Are you quite sure the dagger is from the Moser Collection?
You write that it is from Historisches Museum, Bern, Switzerland – and that is where the Moser Collection is.
I have seen the collection many years ago in the reserves, before it was put up for exhibition again, and I saw it then, but I don’t recall to have seen it – I could have forgotten it L.
I have however been looking through the Moser catalogue from 1912, the one from 1914 and the one from 1955, and in none of them I can find a dagger like the one you want to know more about.
There may not be a picture of it in the catalogue, or the dagger may belong to the museum, and not a part of the Moser collection.
Try to ask them about the dagger here info@bhm.ch they are rather good at English, so don’t bother to write in German.
Jens
Nathan thanks for the picture.

Jens - I'm not sure where the dagger is, I've trusted the info on armabohemia.
That's stunning! I'd love to make a baselard. Maybe I can find a broken sword blade somewhere.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: