Re-hafted war hammer
Bought as parts from a fellow user here (thanks Phil D. :) ).
A new haft was fitted, made of stained oak, the color is reddish-brown and overall length is 88cm, walking-stick size. The langets are flush with the wood. What seems to be screws are actualy rivets.

Attachment: 69.25 KB
DSCN4264.JPG

Attachment: 60.22 KB
DSCN4266.JPG

Great job! I love the wood coloring you have done. The length is nice too. I have seen this head/model on occasion and will be taking another look at these. Very shiny.

Cheers

GC
Great stuff!

There's hammer in Muzeum Wojska Polskiego - looks very similar almost like an inspiration for that one, only is 61 cm long, while having much longer langets, present on all sides of the haft. Weights 0.92 kg.

Very nasty killing implement, for sure.
Bartek Strojek wrote:
Great stuff!

There's hammer in Muzeum Wojska Polskiego - looks very similar almost like an inspiration for that one, only is 61 cm long, while having much longer langets, present on all sides of the haft. Weights 0.92 kg.

Very nasty killing implement, for sure.

Indeed! By the weight it sounds very handy and fast. Mine weighs only ~0.800 kg, probably because the head is pretty small and the langets are short. The first intenetion was to give artificial aging to the metal parts, but now I like it quite the way it is.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: