Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Wanted: a Templar type sword Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Scott Wells

PostPosted: Wed 14 Sep, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Wanted: a Templar type sword         Reply with quote

i have been looking for a templar style sword and have some questions. On the Albion website, they sell a templar and an Oakstott. Also they have the Arn replica and i like the my Baron. I really want one with a cross and a scabbard.

Question:

Is it better to buy a sword then have a scabbard made? or try to find the two together.

Who makes a good reasonably priced version?

Does anyone have one for sale?

I want a fully functional sharpened sword.

Thanks for your consideration.

Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 14 Sep, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott,
I've moved your post out of the Marketplace forum. The Marketplace is not meant for discussion of any kind; it's only a place to post wanted or for sale ads. Since you're asking questions that you clearly want answered/discussed, I've moved it to another forum so the discussion can take place.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Valentino Paolilla

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 14 Sep, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have an Albion Arn sword, with a custom scabbard & belt made by Christian Fletcher. You can order the sword through him (which comes out $25.00 cheaper than what Albion sells it for), & you can discuss what it is that you want him to perform on the scabbard. His website is; www.christianfletcher.com. There are also other artisans that you can order the sword through, or other Albion swords; & they can make custom scabbards. There is Brian Kunz of DBK; www.dbkcustomswords.com. And there is also Sunny Suttles of Valiant Armoury; www.customswordshoppe.com.
There are also many other great scabbard makers out there. It all depends on what it is that you want to spend...

Here are some photo's of my Albion Arn with a custom scabbard & belt made by Christian Fletcher. He has another project in the works for me as we speak. An entire custom sword & scabbard project, involving an Albion Knight blade... Big Grin

Attachment: 33.53 KB
ARN 08.jpg

Attachment: 66.35 KB
ARN 09.jpg

Attachment: 45.91 KB
ARN 010.jpg

Your tongue is your sword, & your mouth is your shield; what you say can stab you, & what you don't say can protect you...
J.D. Crawford

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 14 Sep, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If you are looking to spend less money, here is another option. They are not on the same level as the Albions, but Valiant makes decent sword-scabbard combinations.

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...ader+Sword

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...plar+Sword
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Wed 14 Sep, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Scott, you need to give us some more information.

First, there isn't a sword style that is peculiar to the Templars. At any particular time through their history, they used the same swords that everyone else was using. The sword a Templar might use in 1150 would be rather different that what he would have used in 1300. I think that perhaps you are wanting a typical 11th or 12th century Crusader sword, an Oakeshott type Xa, XI, or maybe a XII.

It is usually better to get the sword and scabbard made together, just for convenience. If the scabbard is made separately, you usually have to send your sword to the scabbardmaker to ensure a good fit. An exception - say you bought the Albion Arn sword and asked Brian Kunz to make the scabbard. He has made scabbards for that model before and can use a template around which he can build the scabbard.

Before we can really recommend specific models to you, please tell us how much money you are willing to spend. For a sword and scabbard, you can pay between $400.00 to more than $2000.00.

If you are thinking about Albions, I recommend the Oakeshott. It isn't the prettiest, but it is wonderfully made and balanced - some would say it is the perfect Medieval sword

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Wanted: a Templar type sword
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic