Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > going medieval on zombies. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 

which blade profile would be better for zombies
the japanese style cross section (fairly thick spine and niku on edge etc)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
wide and thin cross section (like a type viking sword
64%
 64%  [ 35 ]
other (state below)
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 54

John Turner

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Assuming weather didn't do for them and the Zombie Apocalypse lasted longer than expected, and the security fence, double glazing and shutters on my accomodation didn't keep them out (it does a good job against living able bodied toe rags!), then my plan would go something like this:

I would live here:

or possibly here:

(The irony of living in "Dracula's Castle" to stay safe from the living dead would keep me amused for a very long time)

Equipped with some of these;

If I really, really had to go out, to get provisions then it would be in one of these:

or one of these:

Once at the Mall and dismounted to get the supplies I would need some sort of melee weapon (Assuming of course that those of you who have fortified it would let me in.) I think I might favour something like this;

The long glaive type thing in the middle. (if it can cleave a man in two through maille imagine what it would do to a soggy half rotten zombie)

By the way, does anyone make one of these?[/img]

Last edited by John Turner on Mon 12 Sep, 2011 7:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Kurt Scholz

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I see, if it gets boring on the ISS I'll look out for some unrotten people and clean a small island of undead where we can live for a while and plan world conquest. Malta looks convenient or Bermuda, the Azores, Iceland, Heligoland, St. Helena or the Falklands. Maori weapons would be my choice because they are easy to construct with the tech level I have, so some kinds of clubs to smash the enemy and break their bones.
John Turner

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kurt Scholz wrote:
I see, if it gets boring on the ISS I'll look out for some unrotten people and clean a small island of undead where we can live for a while and plan world conquest. Malta looks convenient or Bermuda, the Azores, Iceland, Heligoland, St. Helena or the Falklands. Maori weapons would be my choice because they are easy to construct with the tech level I have, so some kinds of clubs to smash the enemy and break their bones.

Kurt,

I am not sure I would go to the Falklands. I have been there and I think the living dead have already arrived.

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."

Edmund Burke

"If History is so important, why is it so easy to forget?"
William P

PostPosted: Mon 12 Sep, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Turner wrote:
Kurt Scholz wrote:

Kurt,

I am not sure I would go to the Falklands. I have been there and I think the living dead have already arrived.

if your referring to the masses of white objects dumbly moving about fields.. those are known to us normal people as SHEEP
by all means smash their heads every now and then as a undead precaution but the farmers might not be as sympethetic...
John Turner

PostPosted: Tue 13 Sep, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ummm, I wasn't referring to the sheep......or the penguins...

Back towards the topic, though, the Glaive type thing that I like from the Mac Bible... does anyone make such a thing, or something similar. I am fascinated to see how well one would really cut.

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."

Edmund Burke

"If History is so important, why is it so easy to forget?"
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Wed 14 Sep, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Back to swords.... Eek!

Angus Trim made tactical leaf blade with my urban digital camo with toxic ultraviolet reactive green laminated handle scales for taking out the zombies and zombie collaborators

William P

PostPosted: Wed 14 Sep, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Turner wrote:
Ummm, I wasn't referring to the sheep......or the penguins...

Back towards the topic, though, the Glaive type thing that I like from the Mac Bible... does anyone make such a thing, or something similar. I am fascinated to see how well one would really cut.

http://manningimperial.com/item.php?item_id=2...mp;c_id=37 here, though i dont know why he referrs the second chopper as a godendac since THAT title belongs to a ovrsized club
Mark T

PostPosted: Sun 18 Sep, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Okay, I'll play ...         Reply with quote

THIS!

Rationale:
    - While I like kats, the longsword just keeps you that much further away from the gore.
    - Double-edged gives greater abilty for backcutting, and scything back and forth through a small group of Zombies.
    - Quicker recovery than a poleaxe.
    - Those Zs aren't going to be carrying their own longswords, so no need for a proper guard.
    - Being called a 'Zombie Slayer' will keep it top of mind in the heat of the moment.
    - More realistic than suddenly being in possession of a castle.
    - The 'green lightning' customised scabbard by Dwayne Puckett of Armoralleather looks the part.
    - It finally gives me something to do with a 'tactical' sword ...!

And, while the topic of 'wearing swords worn on backs' has been done to death in terms of historical contexts, I know from experience that it's a pretty convenient carry method, especially while on the obligatory post-apocalyptic Ducati Monster ...

Phew! Think I mighta just taken this a little too seriously ... Laughing Out Loud

Attachment: 94.22 KB
094.jpg
Angus Trim Zombie Slayer with custom scabbard by Dwayne Puckett

Chief Librarian/Curator, Isaac Leibowitz Librarmoury

Schallern sind sehr sexy!
Ian S LaSpina

Reading list: 5 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Couldn't resist, but I think this is the way to go. Modern firepower + medieval protection... bite through that zombies, and eat some 5.56 NATO while you're at it!

My YouTube Channel - Knyght Errant
My Pinterest
"Monsters are dangerous, and just now Kings are dying like flies..."

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > going medieval on zombies.
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: