Custom Scabbard: Conan the Barbarian Fathers Sword
Hello myArmoury community,

I wanted to share my latest with everyone. This one in particular was a rewarding experience, as I'm a huge Conan fan, and this one allowed me to fulfill a vision.

Please feel free to comment and ask any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
That is WAY cool. It belongs in the movie or a museum. That is some great work. I like it, it brings out the barbarian in you.
Justin H. Núñez wrote:
That is WAY cool. It belongs in the movie or a museum. That is some great work. I like it, it brings out the barbarian in you.

I'll have it through the weekend if you want to come see it. :cool:
By Crom! That is gorgeous! I really like the strap end in the shape of the skull. Nice touch. I guess you understand the riddle of leather... ;)
Yup, gorgeous as usual. :D :cool:

Really like the lettering on the scabbard and the way the " Skull/Monster head " fits: It almost looks like the head is taking a bite out of the scabbard and having it for lunch. ;) :lol:
You've outdone yourself with this one Brian! That is truly an awesome looking scabbard that fits the sword to a T! I especially like how you mirrored the writing on the blade.
Wow... I don't comment on many of your scabbard posts, Brian, because if I commented on all of the ones I'd like to say something in I'd well... Say something in all of them. This is one that must be noted, though! Absolutely stunning job. It really is a nice departure from the typical furry Atlantean Sword scabbards you see all the time - and which I think you've made a couple of excellent examples of, if I'm not mistaken. The feeling of the blade is well adapted to the artistic devices you've included along the scabbard's length, certainly, but I'm most impressed with the suspension system. Although it may seem a bit technologically advanced for my idea of this "Age Undreamed Of," the detail work is marvelous and all adds up splendidly. Particularly cool is how there's definitely a LOT going on... But it's not overwhelming at all. Jolly good work!

-Gregory
Nice work Brian, that is really something special, a real keepsake.
Thank you for the kind words everyone, I really appreciate hearing the praise. :cool:

I tried to mix in a little fantasy with an older integral style for the suspension.

Here is a close up.
[ Linked Image ]
conan scabbard
This is beautiful and since i own your Atlantean scabbard i want this too. PLEASE PLEASE make more of these!! With the new line of Museum Replicas coming out, there will be a market for these. Prod Prod>:)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: