Go to page 1, 2  Next

What’s your Phone / Computer Screensaver ?
This is my new one, it’s my finished Scabbard for my Albion Crecy from Brian from DBK ;) hopefully it should arrive in the next week or so.
[ Linked Image ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
An interesting question, one I've thought about asking but just didn't get around to.

Anywho, mine is Rembrandt's Night Watch. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...brandt.jpg

Why? Uh... because I liked enough to stick it up there and pretend to be all classy and sophisticated.
Colt Reeves wrote:
Anywho, mine is Rembrandt's Night Watch. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...brandt.jpg
Nice choice! This is one of my all-time favourite paintings: his use of light & shadow is especially moving here.
I've been using this one a couple years now on my work computers:

[ Linked Image ]

:)
JE Sarge wrote:
I've been using this one a couple years now on my work computers:

Oh, cool. Thanks for that, man... seriously.
desktop background
Iv used this one for awhile. I got it from a friend and don't know who the artist was :\

Attachment: 152.72 KB
338852_2313209193958_1361266664_2714528_4279875_o.jpg

I have had this one on my phone for over a year now (although I flipped it horizontally so that the spear is in his right hand and the shield in the left like it should be, but then this makes the cloak fastened on his left shoulder, which is wrong :\ oh well, can't get it perfect!)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/sutton%20h...saxon2.jpg
here is mine a fine new toy.........

Attachment: 93.2 KB
[ Download ]
It's my avatar, only bigger of course, reversed, and and cropped differently. Photo by Craig Johnson.
I have "the Two Crowns" by sir Frank Dicksee. a painting that i think tells it's own parable in a visual.

Attachment: 45.82 KB
dicksee4.jpg

Mine's a mish-mash. In the center is Conisbrough Castle. Around the outer edges are some antiques swords that I like, such as the fullered sword with a Brazil nut pommel from Ingolstadt, a close-up of the hilt of XI.3 from Records, a photo of XIV.1 from records, a shot of Cornelis Tromp's massive XIIIb, XVIIIa.4 from the Met, XIIIa.7, and a couple of other single handers, one of which is Xa.5
The Triumph of Death :wtf:
painted circa 1562 by Pieter Bruegel the Elder

[ Linked Image ]

Full sized here
T. Arndt wrote:
The Triumph of Death :wtf:
painted circa 1562 by Pieter Bruegel the Elder

[ Linked Image ]

Full sized here

Wow! That is the most brutal painting I have seen! All sorts of creepiness going on with that painting :eek:
Reece Nelson wrote:
Wow! That is the most brutal painting I have seen! All sorts of creepiness going on with that painting :eek:

I do enjoy the dark early renaissance art. Pieter Bruegel the Elder, Hieronymus Bosch and Albrecht Dürer are my favourites.
If you liked that here is another one you might like this :p

The Garden of Earthly Delights
painted by Hieronymus Bosch circa 1450–1516
(Note: The scene gets progressively more awesome as you move left to right)

[ Linked Image ]
Full sized here
I normally have a photo of my family/friends up there, but I have a commission shipping to me right now, so I temporarily have this as my desktop...

Reproduction. Based on the Rheinfelden halberd (c.1390-1400) in the Historisches Museum, Basel, no 1910.93.

I'll be posting a full review and all details once she arrives. (Photo by smith... more details to follow about the great experience working with him!)
Usually there is a sword on my desktop. Right now it is one of the photos that Craig Johnson of A&A took of my new walloon. Sometimes I alternate with something less edgy (and pointy) like the Eyvind Earle painting shown below

Attachment: 92.17 KB
RHWalltab008sm.jpg
A&A Walloon

Attachment: 97.49 KB
earle12sm.jpg
Eyvind Earle
This is the background on my phone: http://www.civilization.ca/cmc/exhibitions/mi...usa01b.gif (sorry I found only a bad quality picture)
Great question, Paul.

I use this one for my phone:
[ Linked Image ]

I like it because it is discrete and shows off an amazing detail on one of my favorite swords.

I got it from this thread:http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=22899
I have one cell phone, & in my house I have two computer's. The first two pictures are the wallscreens on my computer's, & the last picture is whats on my phone... I had to resize them, in order for them to be posted...

Attachment: 45.1 KB
ROYAL KNIGHT.jpg

Attachment: 111.62 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 113.83 KB
[ Download ]
Here are two of mine.

Attachment: 194.63 KB
medieval-fighterxxxx.jpg

Attachment: 190.98 KB
iStock_000009894304Large-desat xxxx.jpg

Go to page 1, 2  Next