Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Two Swords, & one DaggerSOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Valentino Paolilla

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: For Sale: Two Swords, & one Dagger         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Greeting's...

I have a few items that I am interested in selling; as I have no need for these 3 particular items any longer.

The first sword that is for purchase; is a Sir William Marshall-Damascus-Blade Sword with matching scabbard, made by Hanwei. It was bought 3 months ago from Kult of Athena, & it is in pristine condition. Brand new! It was used for nothing but display purposes only. Description of the sword; per advertisement... The Hanwei Sir William Marshall Sword is based on an original, now in a British museum, used by one of England's finest knights, Sir William Marshall, who served the crown faithfully under King Henry II, King Richard the Lionheart, & King John Lackland. This sword features a fully sharpened (boy is it sharp!), forged & folded Swedish powder Type Xa. high carbon steel blade, tempered to a tough HRC 52. The blade section features a central ridged fuller with clearly visible damascus pattern & full-length distal taper - a tough test for the bladesmith but resulting in a superb combination of speed & strength. The grip is leather wrapped and laced and the guard and pommel are elegant in their functional simplicity. I payed $419.95, plus shipping for this sword. And I also payed an additional $18.00 to have it sharpened.

Here are the specs;
Overall length: 40"
Blade length: 33 1/4"
Weight: 2.1 pds.
Edge: very sharp
Point of balance: 5"
Thickness: 5.7 mm - 3.9 mm
Width: 49.5 mm
Grip Length: 4 1/4''
Pommel: Peened

The second sword that is for purchase; is a King Edward III with matching scabbard, made by Hanwei. I bought this sword last year from Grommett Collectibles, in California. It is not in pristine condition, but it is in close to new condition. It was used for nothing but display purposes only. When I received it, the brass plated steel guard & pommel had corrosion on it, & the blade had some slight rust depots on it. Imagine that!!! A sword dealer would actually sell a beautiful sword like the Edward III in this manner... So, I brought it to a metal restoration place around my way. They re-polished the blade with a satin finish (as the sword naturally comes) & took out the rust depots, & they also re-plated (electro-plated) the brass plated steel guard & pommel, & put a protective coat of clear lacquer on it; to prevent it from tarnishing in the future. The blade isn't sharpened, but it can be if you know how to do it, or decide to send it out to be done. Description of the sword; per advertisement... The Hanwei King Edward III Swords blade is made of fully functional high carbon steel. The guard & hilt are brass plated steel. The grip is made of snake skin leather, with brass enclosing's around it. The pommel has the enameled royal coat of arms on the face on one side, & on the other it has an opaque disc of crystal. The blade is an excellent example of an Oakeshott Type XVIIIa. blade. The etching on the blade depicts a very early example of the badge of the Order of the Garter and possibly the earliest use of the portcullis as a badge by an English Royal. Edward III formed the Order of the Garter in 1348 and died in 1377. I payed $500.00, plus shipping for this sword. And I also payed $300.00 to have the blade re-polished, & to have the brass plated steel re-electroplated.

Here are the specs;
Overall Length: 43''
Blade Length: 33 1/4''
Weight: 3 lb 13.5 oz
Edge: unsharpened
P.O.B.: 3 5/8''
Thickness: 4.7 mm 3.3 mm
Width: 63.8 mm
Grip Length: 6 1/4''
Pommel: Peened

The third item that is for purchase; is a Sword Hilted Dagger with matching scabbard, made by Windlass Steelcrafts. It was also bought 3 months ago from Kult of Athena, & it is in pristine condition. Brand new! It was used for nothing but display purposes only. Description of the dagger; per advertisement... Large daggers were carried by knights & men-at-arms. While they were used for camp chores, they were mainly used on the battlefield where they were often the last line of defense. This classic form has a steel wheel pommel & down curving guard. The grip is wood covered in leather & the wide, strongly pointed blade is made from tempered 1060 high carbon steel. I payed $100.00 plus shipping for this dagger, & I also payed an additional $16.00 to have it sharpened. KOA now sells this dagger for $74.95.

Here are the specs;
Overall length: 17 3/4''
Blade length: 11 7/8''
Weight: 1 lb 1.6 oz
Edge: very sharp
Point of balance: 1 1/4''
Thickness: 4.1 mm - 2.4 mm
Width: 43.5 mm
Grip Length: 3 3/4''
Pommel: Threaded

I'm looking to sell all 3 items in a one shot deal, sort of like a package deal; for $800.00 plus shipping. If you're interested, please send me a PM, & we'll take it from there.

Thank you, for reading...

Attachment: 88.18 KB
SWM 01.JPG

Attachment: 157.72 KB
SWM 02.JPG

Attachment: 81.17 KB
SWM 06.JPG

Attachment: 83.5 KB
EDIII 06.JPG

Attachment: 99.1 KB
EDIII 011.JPG

Attachment: 91.37 KB
EDIII 015.JPG

Attachment: 88.66 KB
SHD 01.JPG

Attachment: 91.14 KB
SHD 03.JPG

Your tongue is your sword, & your mouth is your shield; what you say can stab you, & what you don't say can protect you...

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Two Swords, & one DaggerSOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic