New Single Hander with wire-wrapped grip.....
Recently finished this aluminum bladed single handed sword with an S-curve guard, wheel pommel and spiral carved wire wrapped grip. The pommel is secured with a recessed 1/4”-28 allen nut. I got a lot of positive feedback on the last wire wrap I posted, so I thought I'd get a little fancier with this one. The grip is carved poplar wrapped with steel and brass wire. Very comfy in the hand.

Because the pommel is relatively small and the blade is un-fullered, this handles more like a steel sword of similar proportions. Its light and quick, but with a more "realistic" blade presence than most of my aluminum swords. The PoB is 3.75” above the guard.

Blade: 31”
Total Length: 37”

Attachment: 113.72 KB
DSCN0027.jpg

Attachment: 152.31 KB
DSCN0029.jpg

Attachment: 126.59 KB
DSCN0021.jpg

Attachment: 125.47 KB
DSCN0020.jpg

Attachment: 125.35 KB
DSCN0026.jpg

Attachment: 95.25 KB
DSCN0034.jpg

Attachment: 142.34 KB
DSCN0025.jpg

The way you carved the grip underneath the wire is a detail that I like very much. Way to go on this one. Very nice.
Yes, very cool.

I bet it it is a comfortable grip.
under the wire
Thanks guys.

This is what the grip looks like under the wire.....pretty simple carving, but the wire wrap gives it a really neat undulating look.

Attachment: 119.43 KB
2011-05-27 14.55.14.jpg

i thought for a second my eyes were tricking me when i saw the grip in those photoes that it was just the wre causing an optical illusion

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: