New "Albion" Sword...
We have been asked for this sword since we started the company, lo those many years ago (probably because of the name...), so Lars finally turned his hand to the challenge of making one.

This is intended to be the sword that people remember - not any one specific version (of which there are many) - but a composite of the main elements. (And the inscription is going to start closer to the guard on the production versions - just an oops on the prototype).

[ Linked Image ]

The sword will make its first public appearance at GenCon Indy next week, and will also be a Chicago Comic Con the following week.

More photos here:

http://filmswords.com/sle/albion.htm

Best,

Howy
...soOOoooOOooo ... The Legend isn't big enough, ehHHhhhHHhhh ???

B-)
Shouldn't there be a cat carved in relief on the pommel, or at least somewhere in the etching on the blade? ;)
I have my deposit in on this ... absolutely gorgeous
I may be somewhat late to the party... I've tried searching this and I see no reference to an 'Albion Sword' anywhere (apart from this piece!), what is this from if someone doesn't mind illuminating me?
Jeffrey Faulk wrote:
I may be somewhat late to the party... I've tried searching this and I see no reference to an 'Albion Sword' anywhere (apart from this piece!), what is this from if someone doesn't mind illuminating me?

Try this: http://www.robinofsherwood.org/swords.html
So it's basically a reproduction of a sword from a... '70s or 80s TV show? Huh. A little before my time :P

I am encouraged to see Albion making more reproductions from film and television though... their level of quality will do a lot of good in the reproduction market, we hope!
Jeffrey Faulk wrote:
So it's basically a reproduction of a sword from a... '70s or 80s TV show? Huh. A little before my time :P

I am encouraged to see Albion making more reproductions from film and television though... their level of quality will do a lot of good in the reproduction market, we hope!

hey now!

First, it's a great TV show - and the swords (of Wayland, of which this one Albion was Robin's) figured prominently in the mythology of the series and was quite nice looking.

Second, while the sword Albion itself and the 7 Swords of Wayland were fictional, Wayland himself was part of old Germanic (Anglo-Saxon) myth and was associated with the creation of a great many swords. Read more here.

I wish I had the money to put down for one of these! I loved that show as a kid and always thought it looked gorgeous, with the runes running down the blade.
Jeffrey Faulk wrote:
... their level of quality will do a lot of good in the reproduction market, we hope!

I believe that's been happening or some time.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Jeffrey Faulk wrote:
... their level of quality will do a lot of good in the reproduction market, we hope!

I believe that's been happening or some time.

Agreed. I own the Stamford, one of their plainest, most basic models available. And its craftsmanship is impeccable!
Man, that's gorgeous. I want one. :) (or perhaps all seven!) :)

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: