new book for myArmoury fans by Paul Mortimer.
Hi Guys, I hope Paul, I'm not stepping on your toes here, and I'm sure you'll want to post a reminder on the day of release. But I thought you deserve some advance PR.
Here is the cover of forumite, Paul Mortimers' forthcoming new Book, "Wodens Warriors", featuring the lovely helmet owned by another forumite Dave Huggins and made by another forumite, Thorkil, and made to look infinately more fearsome by its wearer, another forumite, ME. Very proud to have been asked to be on the front cover, and having read the draft, IMO this is THE book for those interested in arms, armour and warfare of this period. So make a note,

Again Paul I apologise for the blatant and merciless plugging, but hey, everyones a winner!

Cheers,
Bruce

ps, for any interested party's in the UK on the weekend of 22 July 11, we will be at Sutton Hoo with our full group, come along, say hello, introduce yerself, fellow forumites always welcome.

Attachment: 130.94 KB
Brussi Woden's Favourite Warrior.jpg

new book by Paul Mortimer
Thanks for the notice on Pauls new book. This will definitely be on my
order list. Great picture of you and the helmet.
Any idea when this will be available? I am always looking for information on this incredible period of history.
Thorkil does make beautiful helmets and other things as I hope to show in a few months.
Cheers, Peter.
Paul,

Congratulations on the new book. Looks like it should be a good one. I look forward to picking a copy up as soon as it's available.

From the publisher, looks like it should be available October 1st.

http://www.asbooks.co.uk

On a bit of a side note, is this the same book that was originally going to be titled "The Sutton Hoo Warriors"? Or is that a forthcoming title?
Re: new book for myArmoury fans by Paul Mortimer.
Bruce Tordoff wrote:
Hi Guys, I hope Paul, I'm not stepping on your toes here, and I'm sure you'll want to post a reminder on the day of release. But I thought you deserve some advance PR.
Here is the cover of forumite, Paul Mortimers' forthcoming new Book, "Wodens Warriors", featuring the lovely helmet owned by another forumite Dave Huggins and made by another forumite, Thorkil, and made to look infinately more fearsome by its wearer, another forumite, ME. Very proud to have been asked to be on the front cover, and having read the draft, IMO this is THE book for those interested in arms, armour and warfare of this period. So make a note,

Again Paul I apologise for the blatant and merciless plugging, but hey, everyones a winner!

Cheers,
Bruce

ps, for any interested party's in the UK on the weekend of 22 July 11, we will be at Sutton Hoo with our full group, come along, say hello, introduce yerself, fellow forumites always welcome.

Oh, you just wanted to show your pretty face! :lol: ;)

Beautiful helm as always and the book looks great!!
New book
I'm sure Paul will not mind me chipping here...I hope! I have also read the draft and can add that the book lucidly explores other connected themes of belief and ideology and their material influence on the military elite culture of the period, important areas often totally overlooked in other publications on arms, armour and warfare from this time, and in my own humble opinion make this book an important step for those seeking to understand this turbulent period of change and competing polities.

Plus great photos and images of reproduced artefacts by skilled craftsmen familiar to fellow forumites with an interest in this period.

best
Dave
Note made! Any idea when this will be released?
I for one will buy this book!
Thank you all for your kind words - I hope the book doesn't disappoint!

The publisher says that it will be available by 1st October -- but in my experience they tend to be a little optimistic regarding delivery times. It shouldn't be much later, though.

Cheers,

Paul
Great news! I will surely buy one!
woohoo cant wait!
Congratulations Paul, it's great to see this come to fruition. Definetly on my list of must haves!
Looks like a very interesting book. I will definitely order one, the question is, can we pre-order?
Again, many thanks for your support.

The book can be pre-ordered either through Anglo-Saxon Books: http://www.asbooks.co.uk/ or through Amazon, although they have some of the details wrong at the moment. The release date is supposed to be October 1st.

Many thanks,

Paul
The book FINALLY arrived yesterday!!! Only 6 months since i preordered it and 4 months on backorder. I haven't had much of a chance to really get into it yet, but it looks really good. Bravo Paul!
Seconded. Paul's book is a masterpiece and a must-have for anyone interested in the period, particularly as it contains so much detailed information, photographs and illustrations of finds and reconstructions all in one place.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: