Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where to buy WeaponsEdge swords? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ben Welch

PostPosted: Wed 13 Jul, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Where to buy WeaponsEdge swords?         Reply with quote

more specifically this sword:

http://www.weaponedge.com/images/swords/9.jpg

I'm looking to buy it as a gift for a friend, but am having a hard time finding a late hybrid katana like this other than the weaponsedge weapon site.
Matt Easton

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ask these guys, as they seem to buy from the same factory in India:
http://www.militaryheritage.com/swords3.htm

Having said that, I think their replicas are horrible overweight chunks. You can get original Japanese cavalry swords for about the same price if you look around.

Schola Gladiatoria - www.swordfightinglondon.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/scholagladiatoria
Antique Swords: www.antique-swords.co.uk/
David Kelly

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Where oh where is that Weaponedge gone??         Reply with quote

Weaponedge's patriarch and founder died in the spring of 2009. Since then their ability to even maintain the shaky pipeline of the past has only gotten worse.

Stromloswords USA went bankrupt last fall and is in the process of fufilling backorders and liquidating.

Military Heritage is a mystery to me. They have thumbed their noses at every request I've tried to make with them; even after a 30 minute person to person request for $1000.00 worth of sword knots and accesories. NADA!!

http://www.medieval-arms.co.uk/?basket_id=11114

Last I talked to them these folks are still operating. They actually are from Hamburg Germany. Send Herr Beuker an email and he will try to help.

And/or email Weaponedge.com.

But Weaponedge does nothing in a hurry. I've waited 6 mos trying to pry something from them.

To scale their "Indian" output is something less than Windlass, and slightly better than Deepeeka. I've handled some that were vaguely right (always the dynamic taper misses) to downright awful. How does an old empire state screw up a Brit M1908 Cav??

Don't know anything about their guntos.

G'luck
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You could e-mail Ryan at Kult of Athena to find out if he could get what you are looking for even if he doesn't currently have it in stock at this time.

He might be able to find what you are looking for and special order it for you. You should also tell him the quality and price would can afford and he could advise you about what is available.

At worse he will tell you that he can't find it for you, but Ryan is very reliable and gives great customer service.

http://www.kultofathena.com/

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
John Turner

PostPosted: Fri 15 Jul, 2011 1:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Medieval Arms are a good bunch of people with a small range of stuff but great customer service.

Whilst the quality of some of the kit they sell is not up to the standards of some (swords are not great - clunky lumps but they are cheap), the mail is as good as any indian made rivetted, and the Helmets I have had from them are pretty good for the price. The shields are also pretty good and the price is so low that you would not be too upset getting them chewed up in a ding dong. (but need the screws replacing with rivets).

What I can vouch for is the customer service. They are only a small operation, but several fairly large orders were dealt with and delivered in days. On one occaison when out of stock, they forwarded 6 shields a few days later to an address in France for no delivery cost (the original delivery adress was in Germany), because they knew I needed them for teaching.

Give them an e-mail, or a call they really are most helpful, and speak impeccable english.

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."

Edmund Burke

"If History is so important, why is it so easy to forget?"
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I used to live 25 minutes from www.kultofathena.com. Been there countless times, the extensive showroom is 66 feet by 26 feet, fully stocked, organized and pristine! There are photos of the showroom on their website home page. Click on Visit Our Showroom. Fairest prices anywhere, what is listed as "In Stock" IS In Stock! Prompt delivery UPS and this Is Ryan's occupation and not some 2nd income. He will help you extensively, cordially and professionally!
Dependable as the sun will rise in the morning!
Knowing Ryan as I do from numerous in person visits, on a rating scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being "Exceptionally Outstanding".
In all reality and without prejudicial influence! I give Kult Of Athena a Resounding and Emphatic ( 10)!!

You need look no further!

Bob

It IS What It IS! Only In Truth, Can Reality Exist!
To "Learn" we must empty our minds and therefore open our mind and spirit. A wet sponge absorbs no water. A preconceived mind is recalcitrant to new knowledge!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Where to buy WeaponsEdge swords?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic