myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Hammer Time!Contest
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 09 Aug, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This being the alternate fund raising Topic and that it hasn't been bumped in a long while I guess it needed a " BUMP ". Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud Cool

Yes it's up on top of the Home Page on the upper right of the page, but if you are like me I see it, but I don't notice it in the way that something always seen tends to not attract attention and some people may have not noticed the contest announcements that are on the Home page.

Still time to participate by donating $10 or upgrading one's membership ( read the first post for details Wink ).

We are close to the $4000 objective but donations have stalled for the last 3 or 4 days.

Giving $10 is 2.74 cents a day for a years worth of support for the site or the cost of a cappuccino and 2 donuts.

Skip the 500 to 1000 calories, lose some weight and send a small donation if you can.

We have had more than 100 people contributing so far but it's good to have as many people as possible contributing a small amount. ( Mentioned all of this in years before and on the Donation Topic ).

Any money received over the goal is good to have as a reserve for unexpected expenses and Nathan always uses available funds to enhance the site experience or give out prizes.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 10 Aug, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey everybody-

I wanted to remind all that are eligible to make sure that you join this contest so that you have a chance to win one of the prizes. The odds are still pretty good at about 1 in 30 that you'll get a new toy shipped to your door.

Cheers

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Audun Refsahl

PostPosted: Sun 21 Aug, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If I bump this now, will that lower my chances to win?
just bacon...
Colt Reeves

PostPosted: Sun 21 Aug, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I dunno. I donated and almost forgot to enter the contest. A few hours after donating I was tooling around online and suddenly... STOP! Hammer time!

As a only vaguely related sidenote, does anyone on here own the book Badass: A relentless onslaught of the toughest warlords, vikings, samurai, pirates, gunfighters, and military commanders to ever live by Ben Thompson of http://www.badassoftheweek.com/?

I do and this contest reminds me of his entry on Charles Martel, AKA Martellus, Latin for "The Hammer". Quotes below.

"... and introduced several unruly bandit confederations to the true meaning of "Hammer Time."

"Once the enemy was worn down, Martel himself, uttering his battle cry of "Stop - Hammer Time!" led the decisive charge..."

Anyway, the guy writes about various historical "badasses" in what I find to be a humorous fashion, although loaded with profanity. Might not be to everyone's taste and your milage may vary.

"Tears are for the craven, prayers are for the clown.
Halters for the silly neck that cannot keep a crown.
As my loss is grievous, so my hope is small.
For Iron, Cold Iron, must be master of men all..."
-Cold Iron, Rudyard Kipling
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This contest has ended. The winners have been announced!

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Hammer Time!Contest
Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: