Go to page 1, 2  Next

Contest: Hammer Time!
It's Hammer Time!

These days, a lot of us are getting hammered down by something. I recently discussed how the state of California and Amazon.com are putting the hammer down on this site. Others have discussed how the arms and armour industry is getting hammered by the state of the economy. Everybody's getting beat up!

myArmoury.com is in the midst of a donation drive to help me pay for the annual server hosting bill. It's not this site's only expense, but it's the biggest. I've already paid for it out of pocket and the donations already received have helped to offset that cost. Thanks goes out to those of you who helped.

Our recent contest was a smashing success and it got me thinking that more of us need to bash on a few things in these hard times. For those of you who are willing to help this site out, I say it's time to get that hammer out and fight back... It's hammer time!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

We're giving away three different warhammers. What the winners do with them is entirely up to them. Hopefully they'll responsibly vent some of their frustrations out with them without damaging other people's property. These are not toys and while I fully expect them to be used for destruction and chaos, the winners need to abide by the rules of society. Go forth and destroy: responsibly!

THE PRIZES:

Windlass Steelcrafts German Warhammer
[ Linked Image ]

Windlass Steelcrafts English Warhammer
[ Linked Image ]

Windlass Steelcrafts Medieval Warhammer
[ Linked Image ]

There's a whole lotta smashing potential right there! Contest entrants have three chances to win a prize.

HOW TO ENTER:

Follow the instructions shown in this button:

[ Linked Image ]

If the button says you can click it to enter, that's all you have to do.

It it says something else, you can click it for further info. Make sure you're logged-in before you try to enter.

ELIGIBILITY:

You must be a registered member of myArmoury.com and have donated $10 US or more within 90 days of the contest's start date or be a current member of the Benefactors, Upgraded Members, or Premier Members usergroups. Donations made after Apr 12, 2011 are considered. Please note that anonymous donations cannot be counted.

If you're not eligible for the contest, you can click the button above for further details.

Please see our myArmoury.com Membership Plans to subscribe to a usergroup or our Donation Page.

[ Linked Image ]      [ Linked Image ]

Entrants must be made prior to contest close on Monday Aug 22, 2011 at Midnight PST. All participants will be entered into a drawing and the winning names will be randomly selected later that same day.

Thanks goes out to everybody who has given to this site. Good luck to everyone!!

Contest-specific rules and limitations:

1. You must be a registered member of myArmoury.com. Donations must be made while logged-in
  2. myArmoury.com moderators and Team Members are eligible to win since they have been amongst the most generous with their donations
  3. Should the winning entrant choose not to accept the prize, another winner will be selected
  4. The contest system cannot allow anonymous donors to join the contest. We respect the privacy of anonymous donors and so do not store the private information of anonymous donors
  5. The contributed amounts will never be revealed to the public by myArmoury.com. Contest entrants can choose for themselves if they wish to share this with the community

Please read our detailed Rules and Limitations document for complete information and our disclaimer.

I do believe you've hit the nail on the head with this contest Nathan.
Quote:
Hammer Time!

Are parachute pants period appropriate prior to the late 20th century (assuming they were appropriate even then)? ;)

Again, thank you for yet another fun contest! Pumpkins everywhere are running scared. :)
Awwwwwwwesommmmmmme

I love contests. Thanks Nathan!
Scott Hrouda wrote:
Quote:
Hammer Time!

Are parachute pants period appropriate prior to the late 20th century (assuming they were appropriate even then)? ;)

I expect all winners to be able to do the hammer dance. Get practicin'!
Ohhh, hammers! Lovely! :D It's exactly the kind of thing that I would love to have but would never buy for myself.
Haha, I am listening to the Smashing Pumpkins right now... this would be a very appropriate task for such a fine hammer...
Very nice prizes but since i already have the A&A Warhammer and the longer A&A Italian Pole Hammer I wont join into this contest to give those who don't have a warhammer slightly better odds of winning one. ;) :D
I couldn't post my compliments earlier, because I had to let my keyboard dry....I've been drooling over it a little too much :D
Great prizes and yes, a good incentive to donate and/ or join full membership. Clearly the way to go.
I guess I can scrounge up a few bucks for this one. ;)
Hey everybody-

I want to thank all of those who have contributed this year to the site. Please don't forget to enter the contest so you have a chance to win one of the prizes. Right now the odds are really good for all of you. Three prizes and only about 65 entrants (as of this writing) gives a good chance at having a new toy sent your way.

Please see the first post in this topic for instructions on how to enter the contest.
that english war hammer is just sexy, congrats to the eventual winners and good luck everyone.
Gets rid of that pesky Paypal balance almost exactly =)

Thank you for hosting such a wonderful site, and good luck to all who entered for the prize!
Adam O'Byrne wrote:
Gets rid of that pesky Paypal balance almost exactly =)

Thank you for hosting such a wonderful site, and good luck to all who entered for the prize!

My thought exactly :D
last minute
For anyone considering donating to enter at the last minute-be aware that in some instances it may take several days for Pay Pal to clear if you pay with a regular credit card. For example, I donated 1.5-2 days ago, but the site still is not letting me in the contest yet because the funds have not transferred over. I Called Mastercard, and they say it sometimes takes a week for funds to clear for pay pal.
Re: last minute
Michael R. Black wrote:
For anyone considering donating to enter at the last minute-be aware that in some instances it may take several days for Pay Pal to clear if you pay with a regular credit card. For example, I donated 1.5-2 days ago, but the site still is not letting me in the contest yet because the funds have not transferred over. I Called Mastercard, and they say it sometimes takes a week for funds to clear for pay pal.

Please know that any delay such as this is related to your credit card, not to PayPal nor myArmoury.com. Delays such as this are exceedingly rare. I have no record of you donating in any way. If I had a credit card that held onto funds, I'd be pretty upset by this and would take it up with their customer service department and, barring resolution, cancel the card.

Edit: Michael tells me that the PayPal transaction failed and after doing it again, he successfully donated. I'm sorry he had to worry about such things. All is good now.
Three prizes. Three winners. Who will it be?

Attachment: 45.1 KB
contest_hammertime.jpg

I made a small donation after reading Nathans post on rising cost, Only to find I was now eligable to enter this contest. I was unsure if I wanted to enter as hammers are not my style. I came across this from Australian Customs as I live in Australia, this is copied from importing weapons under the "banned items".
from Aus Customs
Maces or similar articles:
(a) capable of causing injury; and
(b) consisting of a club or staff fitted with a flanged or spiked head;
other than a ceremonial mace made for use solely as a symbol of authority on ceremonial
occasions
So good luck to all as these are very nice pieces, as your chances of winning just went up :).
Time is flying by for me because every day I'm working so much that I don't have much free time to think about anything else.

And yet, this contest isn't ending soon enough! I want to give some stuff away!
You truely are a salesman Nathan :lol:
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: