Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Another German Long Sword plus what's available Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Sonny Suttles
Industry Professional

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Another German Long Sword plus what's available         Reply with quote

On this one we embossed a Lion Passant over a Lancaster (Lancashire) Rose and repeated the meandering cross theme between the straps on the scabbard. We heat blackened the fittings and then went over them with grey scotch bright to give an antiqued look. The colors are Oxblood and Black. This one is permantly assembled.
Let me know what you guys think.
Also we have another German longsword blade in stock and ready to go as well as 2 Clermont swords that we can customize for you. The leafblade might be gone but I am waiting to hear back from the customer. We still have the big War Sword Blade as well as the double fullered blade and the smaller broadsword blade.

Check out the rest of the photos here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1475...3a3030fc98

www.valiant-armoury.com
www.customswordshoppe.com
Robert S. Haile

PostPosted: Thu 14 Jul, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This looks absolutely fantastic Sonny! I'm downright giddy to handle this in person tomorrow. I'll likely follow up with a few more pictures once it comes in.
Robert S. Haile

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Here's a few pictures I snapped upon the sword's arrival. It handles extremely well, a great improvement over the original type XIIa Malatesta. The fittings and blade look much better together than the early/late mixture of furniture on the production sword. The blade is essentially a type XVIII of some sort. The hilt is a little short to be a typical XVIIIb, so I suppose it would be classified as an unspecific XVIII longsword. The combination of Gus Trim's blade and Sonny's spectacular construction and leather work make for a truly fantastic piece all around. As handsome as the aesthetics appear, the sword's cutting and thrusting performance is the most impressive characteristics.

The blade is an even 36 inches, and from the tip of the pommel to the crossguard is 10 and 1/2 inches making for a total length of 46 and 1/2 inches. I apologize for the mediocre pictures, but they should suffice to provide a little up close detail.

Matt Corbin

PostPosted: Sat 16 Jul, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The grip treatment on that looks just spectacular! Big Grin
“This was the age of heroes, some legendary, some historical . . . the misty borderland of history where fact and legend mingle.”
- R. Ewart Oakeshott

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Another German Long Sword plus what's available
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic