Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Custom Albion Arn Scabbard by Christian Fletcher Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Valentino Paolilla

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Custom Albion Arn Scabbard by Christian Fletcher         Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of my Custom Albion Arn Scabbard, done by Christian Fletcher. I cannot wait to receive it, which should be no later than next week; the dye has to dry properly before it can be shipped. It was a GREAT pleasure working with Christian! He truly knows his stuff. 8-9 months from now, we'll both be posting pictures of the custom sword & scabbard he is making for me, using an Albion Knight blade. Very beautiful & expensive (LOL) project in the works. Enjoy the pictures...

Attachment: 30.87 KB
ARN SCABBARD 09.jpg

Attachment: 43.07 KB
ARN SCABBARD 08.jpg

Attachment: 21.7 KB
ARN SCABBARD 07.jpg

Your tongue is your sword, & your mouth is your shield; what you say can stab you, & what you don't say can protect you...
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Tell us about the buckle. Did he make that?
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Valentino Paolilla

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The buckle is from Raymond's Quiet Press, quietpress.com.
Your tongue is your sword, & your mouth is your shield; what you say can stab you, & what you don't say can protect you...
Valentino Paolilla

PostPosted: Wed 06 Jul, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It just got shipped today!
Valentino Paolilla

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is actually the first Arn scabbard that Christian Fletcher has ever did. I have seen a lot of Arn scabbards made before, by Brian Kunz of DBK. And I have to say; Brian does an outrageous job, & they are all done by him in a very artistic manner, but all of them were made to kind of match the scabbard in the movie. I wanted my Arn scabbard to be diverse... Distinct... Something that I never saw before.

The color of the scabbard was made to match the grip of the sword; which is Light Campaign Tan. I added rain flaps to the scabbard. The chape is an Antioch Chape. At the throat of the scabbard, I had Christian do a raised Templar cross in the color of Oxblood. That color I feel, stands out more than a plain red. I choose a Knight belt in Medium Chestnut Brown. The belt is customized with alternate embossed Templar crosses & Florettes; which I thought looked brilliant, thats why I chose that specific pattern. The buckle & tip is from "Raymond's Quiet Press". I chose that particular buckle, because the design on the buckle actually looks like something from the Crusader era. I am more than satisfied with this sword & custom scabbard. Everyone who knows, & or owns an Albion; knows that their work is superb! And everyone who knows Christian Fletcher, & or owns on of his custom sword's or scabbard's; knows that he is amazing when it comes to his work. Christian has a Next Generation Albion Knight Blade for our other custom sword & scabbard project together. That one is going to be INSANE! There is nothing like it out there as of yet... It involves a custom Lion Head pommel, with a whole lot of other custom work. Thats all I will say for now. That project will not commence until Feb./March of next year, but I will post pictures as they come along.

Enjoy the photo's, & God Bless!

Attachment: 57.51 KB
264180.JPG

Attachment: 85.37 KB
264181.JPG

Attachment: 85.96 KB
264183.JPG

Attachment: 101.07 KB
264184.JPG

Attachment: 101.58 KB
264185.JPG

Attachment: 68.56 KB
264186.JPG

Attachment: 136.03 KB
264187.JPG

Attachment: 96.63 KB
264188.JPG

Valentino Paolilla

PostPosted: Wed 20 Jul, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Some more pictures that I wasen't able to upload... Enjoy...

Attachment: 152.7 KB
264189.JPG

Attachment: 108.35 KB
264190.JPG

Attachment: 117.8 KB
264191.JPG

Attachment: 34.64 KB
264200.JPG

Justin Lee Hunt

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jul, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You have a great piece there! I can't say that I would rave about the film Arn, but the weapons were very well done. Only one other note, and that is to the price. "Expensive" is only when something is not worth what you paid. Nice things cost money.
I opperate a website for my reenactment troop it's www.orderoftherouseclan.org Be sure to check out our forums www.orderoftherouseclan.proboards.com
Valentino Paolilla

PostPosted: Thu 21 Jul, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks, Justin... I too agree, the Arn movie could've been done a lot better; but yes, the weapons were top notch. They were all made by Albion... And you're 100% right about your "expensive" statement... If you want quality, your gonna have to pay quantity... Lol! Wink
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Beautiful stuff and very attractive. Happy

I think the original version of Arn was far better than what was released in the US. It was much more involved and nuanced than the much-edited-down US release version.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Justin Lee Hunt

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:

I think the original version of Arn was far better than what was released in the US. It was much more involved and nuanced than the much-edited-down US release version.

I have not yet seen the original release, but I would love to. You are not the first to say that.

I opperate a website for my reenactment troop it's www.orderoftherouseclan.org Be sure to check out our forums www.orderoftherouseclan.proboards.com
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Justin Lee Hunt wrote:
I have not yet seen the original release, but I would love to. You are not the first to say that.

I saw it on Youtube. There was someone who'd put all three parts up there, chopped into Youtube-friendly sizes that were 7-11 minutes each. Kind of a pain to watch, but at least I saw the whole thing. Happy I also own the US release.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Valentino Paolilla

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:

Thanks, Chad. You as well have very attractive pieces... Wink

I too, heard that the international version of Arn was good. Far better than the U.S version. Chad, I'm going to check it out on Youtube; but I did that once for another movie, & it took very long... Lol! Too long!

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Custom Albion Arn Scabbard by Christian Fletcher
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic