Armory Marek Question
Armory Marek emails are getting bounced back to me as undeliverable over the last day or so. If there is anybody who has another way of getting in touch with the business and can advise me whether this is a temporary email issue or something else, it would be much appreciated!

Site is still up: http://www.armorymarek.com/

Thanks in advance!!
I've communicated with them about a month ago and it went just fine, so I guess it's either temporary or your browser messing things up.
What adress did you use? armorymarek@quick.cz ?
That email address and the issues just started, or at least I just noticed them, today.
I got a few bounced back as well a couple of days ago.

The email error notification description said that their inbox was full at at that time, it's worked fine for me since then.
undelivered mails
I had these problems three weeks ago. My email bounced back, I sent it again twice and these two bounced back again, but strangely enough on the next day my request was answered by Pavel Marek. So it must have gotten through somehow.
Got a reply that my stuff is read early today so my email was going through somehow.

Interestingly my reply back that its a bank holiday today, bounced! :wtf:

Thanks!!! :cool:
i asked for their pricelist one month ago, which worked fine.

i hope there wont be problems as i`m going to order from them.
btw. has anyone already experience with marek ?
how long are the delivery times, how is the quality/durability ?

thx
All appears to be well and the two orders I have submitted have been problem free. Probably also worth noting that scheduling has been more accurate than is normal in this hobby.
Hey there,

Over 2 years time i have purchased 2,5 armours from Pavel Marek, one simple model (which i later upgrade to a more pronounced italian style) and a german late 15th century gothic model.

Marek is quick in the whole ordering to shipping proces (severtal times it was well under 2 months) and quite good with communicating possible changes in delivery dates. Keep in mind his English is not good but understandable, his German is better (I think, my German isnt perfect ;)).

Price / quality is definately nice. I havent found many armour producers in that price range and there he stands out.

But there is a but. Marek machine produces everything and apparently they tend to work in standard sizing tables where if for example you have small hands thats no problem for the gauntlets but if you have a short pinky expect that finger to be too long on the gauntlet. I've now heard several stories from friends and acquaintances that sizing is tends to be off the more you deviate from standard sizes.

So overall: depending on your body type a good supplier.
thanks. so there wont be a problem as i`m going to order swords from them.
they have a fascinating range of messers (very erperimenting too, falchions with nagel...), daggers, complex-hilts.... and if quality is ok, their prices are really incredibly low to me.
I met Marek at the Tresentesca event in Morimondo Italy.

I can say that his messers are incredibly well balanced, and seems to be overall well made. Obviously the quality and price are connected, but you definitely get more than you pay for.

I would buy one if i needed a messer.
Hi there!
I only made good experiences with Pavel Marek! I never had problems with custom size armour pieces.
You can see some images of my gothic armor in the Market forum.

His mailbox tends to get full quite quickly, so if your mail bounces back just retry another day and it should
work :)

best regards,
Nicolas
On his website there is a statement that all the armours produced by them are made from iron. So no mild-steel, spring steel or even stainless, only iron.

"The armour is manufactured from sheet iron, thickness 1.5mm or 2mm at extra cost.
Brass parts of the armour are made of 1.5mm sheet brass.
The armourīs finish is polished or mat."

http://www.armorymarek.com/faq

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: