Rapier Hanger and scabbard
Well, I haven't had this happen much, but it turns out I've got another scabbard available and in need of a good home. Okay, it's two of them actually. This set of scabbards if for and Arms and Armor rapier and left hand dagger.

Normally my work is strictly on a custom basis which allows the customer to get exactly what they want. In this case you won't have that flexibility, but on the other hand the project is ready to ship immediately (it took about six months off and on to finish) and you will be getting it at a much reduced rate.

The scabbards are hand dyed and hand stitched. The hanger is also hand dyed and hand embroidered as are the belts. The hanger hardware was all made by Arms and Armor as was the locket on the dagger scabbard. The scabbards both have distal as well as profile taper. If you were to commission this set it would cost you weill North of 1000 dollars.

I'm asking 775.00 for the pair shipped (if you want to pay via paypal additional charges will apply), and they are ready to ship immediately. Please don't hesitate to shoot me an email or private message if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking.

Attachment: 110.2 KB
aawrithen_belt_II.JPG

Attachment: 98.38 KB
aawrithen_dagger_full_sheathed.JPG

Attachment: 160.51 KB
aawrithen_hilts.JPG

Attachment: 100.48 KB
aawrithen_unsheathed.JPG

Attachment: 76.2 KB
[ Download ]
That looks very nice in the photos! :D
Beautiful work Russ,

I really like it.
What is that shiny stuff that you put on the leather? I like it.
Thanks for the kind words guys, I'd never done one quite this complex with this much work in it before. They keep improving and I keep learning. The one thing that the ancient scabbard making types had over me (other than being superior craftsman and not having to reconstruct things from archeological finds I mean) is that they only have to do one type of scabbard. This one I finished up a few weeks back, yesterday I just finished up a replica of the Ballatearae viking scabbard and suspension and right now I'm working on scabbards for 5 different Albions, everything from a gladius to a Talhoffer.

Michael, the top coat on the leather is something called Satin Sheen (they also make a super sheen) from Tandy:

[ Linked Image ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: