So, after this maker was mentioned briefly but favourably in a couple of posts, I decided to order a new training sword from him. A new piece normally takes him 3 months to finish, but he had one that a customer had ordered and didn't pick up, so I was happy enough to take it off his hands.

After a few weeks of training with my new sword, a mini-review is probably in order, so here goes.

Stats:
Blade length: 90cm
Blade width: 5,2cm
Hilt: 21cm
Weight: 1,6kg
POB: 7,5cm
Edge thickness: 3mm

This sword is made to be the same as one found in the ruins of Castle Lelekovice, near Brno in the Czech Republic. The original was lost in battle in 1401, when the castle was taken and burned to the ground, and was later found under a collapsed section of the walls by an archaeological expedition.

To most at first glance this sword looks somewhat plain, but the little details such as the flat chamfered edges of the H1 pommel and the tapered type 7 cross give it character. It looks like a practical sword, to be used frequently, and not particularly suited for display on walls.

This sword is heavier than most other blunts used for training, and you'll feel it initially at least. The blade cuts quickly and with power, yet recovers well and is not difficult to control. The blade is also thick and resilient, and so far apart from the corners of the edges sometimes needing a little maintenance with a file (this is more to do with me than the sword really), there have been no nicks/notches/etc despite some strong use.

Note that a lighter version of this sword is also available, for reenactors etc.

I found communicating with Jindřich to be easy due to his prompt replies, although English is not his first language so you will have to take that into account. The packaging was done well enough and the sword arrived in good condition.

So in conclusion I am very happy with my sword, and recommend this maker to anyone who is looking for a good training weapon. Perhaps his sharps are good too, I will certainly find out later.

Attachment: 124.19 KB
blade.png

Attachment: 116.28 KB
Tapering cross.png

Attachment: 112.45 KB
Drawn.png

Attachment: 108.33 KB
frontal.png

Attachment: 181.98 KB
Original.png