Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Seeking examples of VA CSS leather colours with description Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chris Peroni

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jun, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Seeking examples of VA CSS leather colours with description         Reply with quote

I'm trying to decide which colour combination for a new sword, belt, scabbard from Sonny/Valiant Armory Custom Sword Shoppe. To that end I'm hoping to get examples of work you may have, with a description of the colour names, to help clarify just wat each colour option looks like.

Thanks in advance for any help.
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am a big fan of CSS...

Sonny can do any color combination you want, so if you pick what you want, it can be created. Here is my most recent CSS addition fitted to my Albion Sovereign, which is oxblood with worn black leather and a heat blued steel chape and locket:

In addition to the scabbard/belt, he refinished the blade and furniture, antiqued the pommel/guard, added the coins to the pommel, cord wrapped the grip (for a better feeling diameter in my large hands and a more historically-accurate grip representation), added the risers, and rewrapped the grip to where no seam can be seen. The overall idea of my Sovereign is to look a bit fantasy/Hollywoodish, however, you get what you specifically tell him you want - the above sword turned out exactly how I wanted it to.

IMHO, there is nothing the man cannot do. I really don't understand why more people don't seem to grasp the value he offers and pay $$$ more for custom works that look identical elsewhere. He does excellent work, has a fast turn-around time, and has prices for complete custom works that are less than base model scabbards from other vendors. Tell him how you want it, and he will make it happen... Wink

J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Chris Peroni

PostPosted: Sat 11 Jun, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Beautiful example! Thank you.

I agree; Sonny is a master at his craft and his pricing is incredibly competitive. You mean to tell me he's not always busy with work? People should be knocking down his door for a chance to get something made by him.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Seeking examples of VA CSS leather colours with description
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic