Go to page Previous  1, 2

Continuing with the jousting theme, you could take a stock bicycle saddle and build up the cantle to appear somewhat like the saddle below. This might infringe upon the "somewhat stock" appearance, but it would unquestionably be a conversation starter!

Photo credit: Jeff Wasson of Wasson Artistry

Attachment: 11.36 KB
Jeff Wasson saddle.jpg
Wasson Artistry
Found an example of a brushed steel frame! This is very close to what I have in mind. It even has Campagnolo cranks! In fact, just swap out the leather colors here for red and I'll take this one. I even like the gold highlights at the lugs. :D Can't tell if that's paint or the brazing material.

Attachment: 128.57 KB
bike1.gif

Attachment: 188.33 KB
bike2.gif

Attachment: 199.43 KB
bike3.gif

Attachment: 188.57 KB
bike4.gif

Small world,

I've ridden that urban assault bike a few times. I used to work in the same building as Lars. He even made the necklace I am wearing. That bike is a kick in the pants.

-Adair

Last edited by M. Adair Orr on Fri 24 Jun, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
M. Adair Orr wrote:
Small world,

I've ridden that bike a few times. I used to work in the same building as Lars. He even made the necklace I am wearing. That bike is a kick in the pants.

-Adair

That's nuts! Even in a small world, this is a most improbable coincidence!
I'm still dedicated to this project, and now the Wallace Collection has given me another reason to complete it!

http://www.wallacecollection.org/shop/exhibit...lmet-cover
Nice bike, I ride a modified Fuji League.

Only thing I could think of would be to replace the stock shield/company logo on the head tube with a small shield you make yourself... your coat of arms or some such.
If you live in a city/drive in traffic, I would definitly add front breaks to a fixie...
Yeah, and a front brake is the law here anyway. But, yes, the plans include replacing the Trek head badge with a wee painted pavise. I delayed the project when I got a purpose-built fix, but I love it so much I think i need two!
Leather over cord wrap instead of grip tape. With cord risers...?
I once rode a fixie... Once... :D
I've missed the brakes really much!
You can cover your seat in vegetable tanned leather, and "draw" decorative patterns onto it, but... This kind of material do not appreciate the rain too much. (I most certainly would not do it here, We are having winter and snow and rain and cutenesses like this for slowly six months now... But beeswax on the saddle, on the other hand might do the trick...)
Have you toughed about placing embossed sections of tubes on the frame? Just small ones, a few centimeters on the end of a tube or two. Nothing fancy, just fluted lines, or anything like this made of thin plates of steel or tin. It is not that complicated, and could be done in a manner to not ruin the clean look of a fixie!
Good luck! ;)

János
Leather bar wrap is definitely a possibility. Might use the lace-up type, though, if it's still made.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: