Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New Beowulf movie......... Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next 
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

To answer Wolfgang, Laughing Out Loud no they are not in line with that theory. Essentially, they say that modern man has been on this planet for at least 100 million years and is not evolved from the ape. They go into great length in describing archeological finds in undisturbed strata millions of years old all over the globe that is ignored by the main body of science because what is in this book throws a major wrench into the gears of the Darwinian theorists. The go into things like, camel bones found in the arctic etc. which is one of the potentials of a great global flood. It's really hard for me to give an adequate synopsis of this book, since I have yet to finish it, parts of the book are as dry as moondust but that is because it is a labor some book in describing things like geometric strikes upon flints to make tools and weapons and that they are man made and not a result of shiftings in the strata. The book is fascinating and would cause anyone to question what I consider the garbage that has been taught by the politically controlled educational system.

Sincerely,

Bob
Wolfgang Armbruster

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mikko Kuusirati wrote:
Wolfgang Armbruster wrote:
I don't doubt that modern man or the Cro Magnons met Neanderthalers. That happened for sure.
But I doubt that the troll-myth comes from there. Happy

I can actually see it happening, just fine. Imagine:

Once, your father tells you, when he was a child, some strange people came to their dwelling. They were like men, yet not - they walked on two feet, erect like normal humans, but their heads were oddly shaped, their limbs twisted like an ape's, and they were hairy all over. They bargained with the men, conversing in a curious pidgin of unintelligible sounds, sign language and awkward human speech, trading animal skins for flint and tools, and went away again.

His grandfather told him the hairy men used to come quite often, once, a long time ago, to trade and mingle with the people, yet now they were grown scarce, and hid from humans in the deep woods and hills. He only saw them once more, years later, when they happened to hunt the same deer. None of your own generation had ever seen them, although you had heard your parents talk about them, sometimes. In your time, you told your children the story your father told you... and they told it to their's... and on and on through the generations, until the story had spread throughout all the descendants of your people - and become myth and legend.

Pardon me for waxing all poetic for a spell, there... Happy

Hey, that sounds actually quite plausible Happy
From Neanderthaler to Grendel Cool
Taylor Ellis

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
The book is fascinating and would cause anyone to question what I consider the garbage that has been taught by the politically controlled educational system

Whatever you think of the education system, I hardly think Darwinism is garbage...
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob Burns wrote:
The go into things like, camel bones found in the arctic etc. which is one of the potentials of a great global flood.

So you mean they haven't heard about such things as continental drifting and climatological changes? Happy

Edit: One more thing -what do they say we humans have evolved from then?

Last edited by Joachim Nilsson on Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ya gotta read the book, it will make an impact!

Bob
Joachim Nilsson

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bob Burns wrote:

Bob

When was it published? I'm curious becuase my archaeology professor never mentioned a word about a work like this. Nor was it included or even mentioned in any required reading literature for the class I took.
Bob Burns

PostPosted: Wed 18 Jan, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joachim Nilsson wrote:
Bob Burns wrote:

Bob

When was it published? I'm curious becuase my archaeology professor never mentioned a word about a work like this. Nor was it included or even mentioned in any required reading literature for the class I took.

First printing was in 1993, 1996, 1998 Bhaktivedanta Book Publishing Inc.

I am not the least surprised you were not referred to this book, readings like this which are thoroughly documented go against the status quo. Trying to be brief here because this subject matter is not in line with this website and I do not want to be rude to my fellow members and Nathan Robinson.

Darwinian theory is only that, a theory which was accepted in the 1860's, all the finds combined to support this theory as the book says, would fit on 2 pool tables. Anytime something comes about that argues against the status quo is usually supressed. This book will more than raise an eyebrow. It does though include archeological finds of ancient flint stone weaponry as well as tools.

I am going to refrain from this topic any further, as it is not a topic that is relevant to this website. Please email or post a message to me, but I really suggest that you read this book.

Thanks,

Bob
Mike H

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jan, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll tell you who Grendel might have been. He's bigfoot with a craving for flesh
Mike H

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jan, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'll tell you who Grendel might have been. He's bigfoot with a craving for flesh
Mikko Kuusirati

Reading list: 13 books

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jan, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mike H wrote:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/files/mk_davis_pgf.gif
Honestly, aside from the fur I don't see the resemblance. Big Grin

"And sin, young man, is when you treat people like things. Including yourself. That's what sin is."
— Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Sat 04 Feb, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Happy I have now (28/1) seen this movie about Beowulf and Grendel,
and i can say that Valentine Armouries stuff look's great in this movie, Good work guy's!! Cool i wish helmet will be an fashion again Big Grin
It's a real Saga movie with a mix of comedy/action/brain tickling stuff, and need's to be seen 2-3 times to catch it all,
round head rivet maile looks really great in this movie Eek! Wow Cool and costume to,
and i will say recommended about this movie, i don't know how it will look when or if they will release it in USA, Worried
because of the other 2 one's they make's in Hollywood (i expect some messy crap about them Mad )
but anyway i like this one allot Happy And a big Thank's to Sturla Gunnarsson and Ingvar Sigurdsson who was there to, in cinema Draken Happy
They tell us allot of stuff in there Cool

A hero come in from the sea Laughing Out Loud

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik
Andy Bain

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just saw this earlier tonight and really enjoyed it. I look forward to hearing what you folks think of it, especially those who know that period pretty well. It seemed to me that they made a pretty good attempt at keeping weapons and armour reasonably close to period, although there were a few things I was wondering about.
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

it'll never come to the usa. waaaaa
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm planning on going to see it some time this week: From reviews I have read the film might not please a literary purist but as one who is very " clueless " about the original story I will judge it more on is it " Fun " and also on the arms and armour.

What I have seen of the armour made by Valentine Armouries look really cool but I won't get into a nitpicking argument about strict authenticity mostly because I am not an expert on the period.

Hope the film gets shown in the U.S.A. at some point or at least becomes available on DVD some months from now.

If DVDs become available up here but not in the U.S.A. it might be possible to order it from a Canadian DVD store.Eek! Laughing Out Loud

If /when I see it up here I can always give you guys a heads up about it. Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Andy Bain

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

From what I read online last night on a couple of different sites this movie is having a very hard time finding a distributor in the US. So for the time being Chuck is correct, this won't be shown in the US in the near future. I suppose if it did really well at the box office here in Canada or elsewhere it might get someones attention. But without the marketing push that an American distibutor gives it probably won't do well enough to actually get a distributor. IT seems a shame for a movie to get caught in a catch-22 like that.

Jean, let us know what you think when you see it.
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Check this out!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442933/

..." The person who dosen't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one."

- Luke 22:36
Hisham Gaballa

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joel Chesser wrote:
Check this out!

Big Hollywood movie, big movie stars, that doesn't bode well. Remember "Troy"?
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hisham Gaballa wrote:
Joel Chesser wrote:
Check this out!

Another Beowulf film??? And played by Ray Winstone - good actor, but not exactly a huge box office draw, compared with some of the ultra-heavyweights listed. I wonder how major a character his Beowulf will really be in this Beowulf production?

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Chuck Russell

Reading list: 46 books

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

this is why there is no us team for teh canadian film. their bullying it out for holliweirds version
R. D. Simpson

Reading list: 4 books

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Hisham Gaballa wrote:
Joel Chesser wrote:
Check this out!

Another Beowulf film??? And played by Ray Winstone - good actor, but not exactly a huge box office draw, compared with some of the ultra-heavyweights listed. I wonder how major a character his Beowulf will really be in this Beowulf production?

The Zemeckis film is using motion capture (as seen in "Polar Express"), which may be why they can get away with casting a less well known actor in the title roll. I don't have high hopes for that film, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > New Beowulf movie.........
Page 5 of 7 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: