Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Tinker Pearce Gran Espee de Guerre (Type XIII)SOLD Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
M. Parrish

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 26 May, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: For Sale: Tinker Pearce Gran Espee de Guerre (Type XIII)         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

I picked this up on Monday, literally. And as much as I like it, I'm still raising cash for the previously mentioned property acquisition plus I just found out I am green lighted for some training at work - provided I pay for the tuition.

As such, the Gran Espee de Guerre (Type XIII) sword is up for sale. Exactly as described on Tinker's for sale page. However, I need to move it quickly so it will sell for $1050 DELIVERED, CONUS only, Paypal personal or USPS money order only. I will ship in a simple hard sided gun case to protect it.

From his posting:

Oakeshott Type: XIII
Overall Length: 46 inches
Blade Length: 35-7/16 inches
Blade width @ Base: 2.2 inches
Blade Width 3 inches from point: 1.43 inches
Blade Thickness @ Base: .190 inch
Blade Thickness 3 inches from Point: .095 inch
Hilt Overall Length: 10-1/16 inches
Length of Handle: 7-1/2 inches
Pommel Type: J
Guard Type: 1
Center of Gravity: 4-5/8 inches from guard
Location of Blade Node (measured from Guard): approx. 23-1/4 inches
Primary Hilt Node: approx. 1/2 inch from cross on handle
Weight: 3lbs 10 oz

Type XIII sword in the style of the late 12th through mid 14th C. Blade is 5160 spring steel hardened to HRc58-60, then selectively drawn down to HRc45-48 through the spine, shoulders and tang. The tip of the blade is slightly rounded. The guards and pommel are 'keyed' on the recangular section of the tang to prevent rotation and are made from Mild Steel. The handle is sandwiched hardwood with risers at the top, bottom and center. The handle is wrapped in real linen cord then covered in green Chrome-tanned leather. The hilt is secured with a 5mm Allen sleeve nut threaded SAE 1/4-20 that is counter-sunk into the pommel so the hilt may be taken down for maintenance.

The "Gran Espee de Guerre" or " Great Sword of War" were a variety of (generally) two-handed swords designed to defeat chain-mail. As such they tended to be quite long and relatively heavy with a flattened ovoid cross-section and a fuller running part of their length. The heavy sword used with powerful two-handed blows could inflict significant blunt trauma through mail even if it should fail to shear through it. Primarily a cutting sword the point is relatively blunt but still capable of thrusting against unarmored targets.

His photos are exactly the same.

Feel free to e-mail or PM me if you have any questions.
M. Parrish

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 27 May, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Honest offers always accepted!

Forum Index > The Marketplace > For Sale: Tinker Pearce Gran Espee de Guerre (Type XIII)SOLD
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic