Yale Collecions image database online
You might like to know that the Yale Collections image database is now online. That's about 250.000 images and growing. Here's a direct link to the collection. There's bound to be some interesting stuff in there. For example this one:

[ Linked Image ]j
*types "sword" into search engine*

[ Linked Image ]

Niiiiice! :)
Anders Backlund wrote:
*types "sword" into search engine

Niiiiice! :)

Yes neat. Did you happen to note the item number? I know i ran the search as well and they all have urls listed to offer. Somewhere in those 19 pages of results though ;)

Cheers

GC
Glen A Cleeton wrote:

Yes neat. Did you happen to note the item number? I know i ran the search as well and they all have urls listed to offer. Somewhere in those 19 pages of results though ;)

Cheers

GC

Here it is: http://discover.odai.yale.edu/ydc/Record/1748376
Anders Backlund wrote:
Glen A Cleeton wrote:

Cheers

GC

Here it is: http://discover.odai.yale.edu/ydc/Record/1748376

Thanks and misrepresented/badly categorized as the 19th century Edit to mention that Harold Peterson lists this sword in his American Silver Hilted Swords section .51 and dates it to 1805 and made by William Ball Jr. 36 1/2" overall 30 1/2" !3/8" wide at the guard. There is more of a paragraph there for that sword. The small bird form really does belong to the previous century but Peterson does list the last few of the type as c.1805 as a latest likely produced.

the Mabel Brady Garvan Collection (many thousands of objects) at the Yale University Art Gallery. It is "one of the most comprehensive collections of early American arts and crafts in the nation

Methinks they have some work to do with better descriptions and research ;)

Cheers

GC
First post. Thank you Sander for posting the link. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: