Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tod Comes Through Again!
Well Tod did it again! He has made me an outstanding Bollock dagger that I have been awaiting from him and I get to add to my collection once it arrives. The pictures are his and so I share them with you, my brothers in the community. I just had to clean the drool off my keyboard and rush out the payment so I am still hopped up as we speak with excitement and happiness. This is without a doubt, the best piece of my collection, or will be once I get my sweaty paws on it when it delivers!

As Tod says in his email: "The inscription says 'The right hand of God makes wonder', the blade is about 330mm x 8mm thick by 22mm wide and is hollow ground until 75mm from the tip and then a diamond. The fittings are brass and the handle is ebonsied elm, with the by-knife handles being ebony."

Note the detailed brass work, the great leather work, the fantastic detail on the guard, the ebony wood carving, the pommel...whoops, I had to wipe the drool off my face again...enjoy the pics my brothers!

Attachment: 189.05 KB
Rothenburg 1.jpg

Attachment: 207.91 KB
Rothenburg 2.jpg

Attachment: 195.15 KB
Rothenburg 3.jpg

Attachment: 164.3 KB
Rothenburg 4.jpg

Attachment: 190.21 KB
Rothenburg 5.jpg

Attachment: 211.53 KB
Rothenburg 6.jpg

That's pretty damn excellent. I'm extremely envious.

For everyone's info, this is based on a piece from the Rothenburg Collection.
Holy Mary Mother of God... that is just stunning.
Thanks, I'm still stunned myself! I gave Tod free reign with just a few parameters (Bollock Dagger, Black) and he did the rest. This project has so far exceeded my expectations that words can't describe how happy I am with it!
I think that is about the most beautiful dagger I've ever seen...
I'd been impatient to see Tod mount these castings since I saw them posted on his facebook page.

Not desapointed! This is splendid.

One thing that really keeps me guessing is how to mount a tapering pommel on the top of the handle...

J
Julien M wrote:
I'd been impatient to see Tod mount these castings since I saw them posted on his facebook page.

Not desapointed! This is splendid.

One thing that really keeps me guessing is how to mount a tapering pommel on the top of the handle...

J

You got me wondering too Julien. I don't have it yet, so I can only surmise that he either has it 1) attached through a peen, 2) glued in place, 3) there a couple of pins/nails at the bottom of the pommel that go into the top of the handle to secure it or 4) all or some of the above. I have to say that I've never seen this done ever on any piece I have seen and I'm most interested in examining it also. Just another thing to add to my expectations and curiosity when I get it. :-)
This dagger is so adorable, like a fair maiden in the glade. :eek:
DROLL. SLOBBER WANT !!!!

Jack
Bryce Felperin wrote:
Thanks, I'm still stunned myself! I gave Tod free reign with just a few parameters (Bollock Dagger, Black) and he did the rest. This project has so far exceeded my expectations that words can't describe how happy I am with it!

Exceeding expectations seems to be what Tod does best as with my Eared Dagger the work is jaw dropping good and that is just about exactly what I did and first saw the pics scrolling down to them.

Giving him free reign seems like a very good idea and one is always surprised in a good way. ;) :D
Very nice as usual.
Nicest ballock I've ever seen! :eek:
WOW!!! :surprised: I'm beginning to suspect that Tod actually has a time machine and just goes back and picks up originals whenever a new order comes in.
Very, very nice! How about a pic with the blades in the scabbards? I'd like to see how it looks...
I've been a long time lurker on this forum. But this piece is worth my first post here! ;)

This dagger is absolutely stunning! I honestly don't know what else to say...

Greetings
Lukas
Wow.....

Tod's work is always amazing. This is just incredible.........
Oho! He really went overboard with this one!
Drool...

A++ and another + in my book. Looks like a typical top quality Tod knife, only better. Didn't think that was possible but obviously it was. ;)
Thanks all.

A client sent me pictures of this knife late last year and I had never seen anything like it. Unfortunately he decided not to order the piece, but I couldn't get it out of my mind and so in about February I made the masters. At the same time I knew I had a bollock set to make for Bryce and a friend of mine so a little serendipity meant I could justify putting the time into the project.

I was a little cruel to Bryce. As he said it was a pretty open brief and so I didn't fill in the gaps; all he knew before yesterday was that he was getting a set and the pictures I sent are the first time he has had any idea of what the set would be like.

I am glad he likes it.

The original piece has a totally wierd blade and I was not quite brave enough to try this out for this one and I suspect it is not to everybodies taste, so I had my first go at a reinforced blade. I believe I have one to make with the original blade form so I will post that up in due course.

Tim Lison wrote
Quote:
Very, very nice! How about a pic with the blades in the scabbards? I'd like to see how it looks...

Regards

Tod

Attachment: 163.34 KB
Rothenburg 7.jpg

I feel compelled to add a comment even though I'm no expert in medieval weaponry, or daggers for that matter.

Tod, simply put, you are a master of your craft.

Matt's comment regarding a time machine does not seem all that unreasonable to me. ;)

Bryce, you have my envy and admiration. Thank you for sharing.
Bryce Felperin wrote:
You got me wondering too Julien. I don't have it yet, so I can only surmise that he either has it 1) attached through a peen, 2) glued in place, 3) there a couple of pins/nails at the bottom of the pommel that go into the top of the handle to secure it or 4) all or some of the above. I have to say that I've never seen this done ever on any piece I have seen and I'm most interested in examining it also. Just another thing to add to my expectations and curiosity when I get it. :-)

I have a dagger repro made by another company that has a similar look in the construction. The handle is peened, then a pommel goes over the peen and top of the grip. Perhaps this one is put together in a similar way.

Beautiful piece. It's really great. :)
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: