Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

I've had this book on preorder with Amazon US since October. Waiting with bated breath, hoping Amazon does infact release it today and I have it in a few days :D
@Aed Thompson: Dang that looks nice! You certainly have some skill. :)

Also, I really want to get Woden's Warriors, but Amazon is listing it as $90. I understand that it is a small run and it is going to be pricey, but is there anywhere to get this for less?
David,

That seems to be the going price everywhere I looked.
7th century vendel kit.
I have been putting together a Vendel/Anglo-saxon kit for a while now and finally have some pictures.
No sword, shield or spear as yet, but soon.

Attachment: 74.1 KB
[ Download ]
another picture.

Attachment: 89.74 KB
[ Download ]
Re: 7th century vendel kit.
Peter Cowan wrote:
I have been putting together a Vendel/Anglo-saxon kit for a while now and finally have some pictures.

That looks really amazing!
Re: 7th century vendel kit.
Peter Cowan wrote:

Good looking kit Peter. Who made the helmet?
Ryan,
Thorkil made the helmet along with the boar tusk and small knife. He has also made a belt for me and a spear head.
Everything Thorkil does is exceptional. The wariors tunic was made by Gabriela Glinianowicz also in Poland.
I am at this moment watching a SiFi viking movie, "Outlander". They are using shields just like those in your pictures. Seems those Norsemen from Hollywood get around.
They also used either a Hanwei Godfred or one of its knock-offs... :)
Vendel Madness
And hello here on this thread Peter

As I have already commented privetley, excellent and well done impression that would not look amiss alongside us in the line up. Look forward to seeing the rest of the impression when it all comes together.

best
Dave
Vendel Madness!
Hi All,
Peter looks awesome, and as I told him, uncannily like me in his kit., (I don't mean that's why he looks awesome!)
To re iterate what Dave Huggy said, Peter wouldn't look out of place in our shield wall.
In fact I think an overseas trip with a Wulfheodenas snatch squad is in order.
What street do you live down Peter?

Secondly Paul's book 'Wodens Warriors', fantastic book, ruggedly handsome chap on the front cover if I don't mind saying.

For anyone who is a student of, or has an interest in Merovingian/Vendel/AS period culture, in my humble opinion this is THE book, or if perhaps that statement is a tad too bold, then it certainly deserves to grace any collection at the very least..

Paul, see you in York, Cheque or cash, either is fine.

Bruce
Vendel madness
Hi guys

I thought that followers of this thread may be interested to learn that our group has a new Facebook page. Lots of images of recreations in the photos gallery, some familiar and some new. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wulfheodenas/108333802621780?sk=info

best wishes
Dave
Re: Vendel madness
David Huggins wrote:
Hi guys

I thought that followers of this thread may be interested to learn that our group has a new Facebook page. Lots of images of recreations in the photos gallery, some familiar and some new. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wulfheodenas/108333802621780?sk=info

best wishes
Dave

Excellent!!!!! Some day I hope to make it over there and play with you guys. You are a great inspiration to get my stuff perfect.
Nice to see everything here. And nice to know about the group on Facebook. As Wilhem said, it also inspires me to work each time better ;)
There was a little bit of Vendel madness at the Viking Festival in York this weekend.......

Attachment: 32.88 KB
Broamatt.jpg

Hi Guys,

That looks real cool and mean!!
Wanted to go to york but i was not very well :(
Matthew,

Looks great!

I miss York. An awesome place. The Viking festival was always a blast. How did the battle go this year and what was the scenario they used?

It'd be nice if more pictures could be found. My friend does viking reenactment and he has said on many occasiosn he'd love to fight at this thing, at least go to see it.

RPM
Matthew Bunker wrote:
There was a little bit of Vendel madness at the Viking Festival in York this weekend.......

Mathew who made that helmet and do you have anymore pictures of it?
Paul Holwell wrote:

That looks real cool and mean!!

Doesn't it? :cool:

Sorry to hear you weren't well mate; you were missed.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Page 5 of 7

Jump to: