Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Vendel madness!
I thought that folks maybe interested in what you may see if you wander the English countryside at weekends.

I have added some pictures of our group, Wulfheodenas, having a bit of fun last weekend.

Attachment: 182.34 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 218.67 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 164.6 KB
[ Download ]
...and a couple more.

Attachment: 173.49 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 150.6 KB
[ Download ]
Thnx for sharing mate! Looks like a very nice group, very well equiped. Good job, very nice!

When you are in the Netherlands, I hope I can meet the group.

Greetings
Beautiful beautiful kits guys. Thanks for sharing Paul.
*whimper!*

Thanks for having a bunch of folks with really great stuff.

Matthew
Impressive ! :cool: Makes one want to go pillage something or just break things in general blood running hot. ;) :lol: ( Well, in period of course and not for real but all you would need is a good movie script and your kits look 1000% better than anything Hollywood could come up with ).
Hi Paul
Thanks mate you have just made my day always look foward to your posts love to meet you all some day.
Just recived my vendel 8 helm from thorkil but still an long way to go to look as good or impressive as your group.
Keep up the great work and thanks for posting.
Amazing pictures as always! Greatly inspiring!
Great pics. Who made all the great Vendel helms? Would like to add one to my collection one day.
Vendel Madness indeed!
Truly inspiring.
Thank you very much for your comments. The helmets were made by a number of different people -- Thorkil, Dave Roper, Ivor Lawton and Tim Noyes, among others.

We had a really good time at the weekend -- our next gathering will be at Sutton Hoo in July.

Paul
You are a nice spectacle and I wish I were somewhere near, although I think seeing you some centuries ago would be bad news (for the population :D )

BTW how many are in your group, for what I 've seen there are a lot of folk and all with very good kits.
Thank you John.

There were 17 of us in the event last weekend (plus 2 friends)-- but we do have about 10 more members not present.

I see that I have posted the same picture twice - tomorrow I will replace the double and add some more.

Paul
Hi Paul,

Your pics. are some of the finest on myArmoury in terms of commitment to historical accuracy.

I always make a point to show your pics. to my wife and tell her. "This is an example of a really nice looking historical out-fit" (I don't use the term "kit" when speaking with her) ;)
Thanks Jeremy.

Here are a few more.

Attachment: 79.01 KB
Filming+005.jpg

Attachment: 151.11 KB
Filming+012.jpg

Attachment: 95.67 KB
DSC03386.jpg

Attachment: 62.65 KB
Filming+006.jpg

Attachment: 192.68 KB
Filming+045.jpg

Attachment: 182.97 KB
Filming+007.jpg

Paul,

I always look forward to seeing your pictures. I think you guys have some of the best kit out there. Thanks for sharing.

Matt
Great stuff - its nice to see this fascinating period being represented in numbers - well done to all concerned and all the best with the Sutton Hoo event!
What's with the bloody head guy? That looks like no helm was on??
Ted
Now that is quite the warband.
Thank you again for your comments, gentlemen. Mark with the gash on his head is just showing off -- the wound is fake -- he does it to try and shock the public! It certainly is quite convincing, even when close up.

Paul
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Page 1 of 7

Jump to: