Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

The Moat is Back
With lots of odds and ends left over from production, failed experiments and overstock -- great for do-it-yourselfers that want to turn these things into special items for themselves.

http://albion-swords.com/moat.htm

We'll be adding items daily for a while...

Best,

Howy
Neat... only wish I weren't dead broke... sigh..... lol
Yay...no "Rusty Roman Ridge Helmets" :lol: :lol: :p

Those were in the moat for years!, Glad to see the moat back!
Chuck Perino wrote:
Yay...no "Rusty Roman Ridge Helmets" :lol: :lol: :p

Those were in the moat for years!, Glad to see the moat back!

Here is one for you, Chuck, just for old time's sake...

best,

Howy

Attachment: 17.94 KB
MS0051.jpg

Yet more items added today, including some leftover Dt hilt components...

best,

Howy
Don't knock those rusty Roman helms - I really wanted a few for our proposed LH Museum, but due to the small size figured I would wait.

And since I am on the subject, a quick, entirely shameless plug: www.historiccamelot.org

Cheers!
Re: The Moat is Back
Howard Waddell wrote:
With lots of odds and ends left over from production, failed experiments and overstock -- great for do-it-yourselfers that want to turn these things into special items for themselves.

Best,

Howy

Hi Howerd.
One question about what I found on your albion moat page:
Those " (Celtic Spear) Experiments Gone Horribly Awry"...
Is there going to be an (iron) follow up of this experiment that ectualy will turn out ??
Begause they look good to me and I sure would like to purcase some iron ones...

Thanks
Not a knock on albion or the helms....I was merely commenting on their, umm longevity in the old moat! :lol:
YES!!! :cool:
Chuck Perino wrote:
Not a knock on albion or the helms....I was merely commenting on their, umm longevity in the old moat! :lol:

I thought that it was hysterical -- what a blast from the past.

The reason they were on so long is that it was an entire shipment of helms (between 40 and 50) that the shipper left in the crate outside during the Indian monsoon season... it took a very looong time for them to go away (in fact, we may still have one or two still here in a corner somewhere...) And we think that we have a humidty problem in Wisconsin... sheesh!

Thanks,

Howy
Folkert van Wijk wrote:
Howard Waddell wrote:

Best,

Howy

Hi Howerd.
Is there going to be an (iron) follow up of this experiment that ectualy will turn out ??

Thanks

I am Sorry Howerd, but would you please answer my question (as quoted above) also?
Howy,

Let me know if you have a couple of those ridge helms still around, I might be interested...seriously!
Folkert van Wijk wrote:
Folkert van Wijk wrote:
Howard Waddell wrote:

Best,

Howy

Hi Howerd.

Thanks

I am Sorry Howerd, but would you please answer my question (as quoted above) also?

Hi Folkert,

I am not Howy, but IŽll just add something anyway.
There are several designs for spear heads and axes that I am currently working on (from different time periods and cultures).
I cannot say when these are going to be available however. It depends on demand, time and economy.
Personally I think the spear is a much underrated weapon among collectors. These can be very beautifull with gracefull lines and crisp volumes. When made right they have a feel of deadly seriousness about them. They also make a great complement to any display of swords.
Together with daggers they form an essential part of warrior equipment through the ages.
Throwing "darts" against hay-filled sacks can also be great fun!
(Perhaps an additional activity at cutting parties and gatherings?)

If there are more customers like you who express an interest in these things, perhaps weŽll see them developed sooner rather than later ;-)
Peter Johnsson wrote:

Hi Folkert,

There are several designs for spear heads and axes that I am currently working on (from different time periods and cultures).
I cannot say when these are going to be available however. It depends on demand, time and economy.
Personally I think the spear is a much underrated weapon among collectors. These can be very beautifull with gracefull lines and crisp volumes. When made right they have a feel of deadly seriousness about them. They also make a great complement to any display of swords.
Together with daggers they form an essential part of warrior equipment through the ages.

If there are more customers like you who express an interest in these things, perhaps weŽll see them developed sooner rather than later ;-)

OK Peter,

As one who from tiem to time commissions custom spears, you know I am interested! I also have some research on the subject, I am not sure what I have sent?

At any rate, would LOVE to see some axe and spear designs of yours made.

:D
Peter Johnsson wrote:
Folkert van Wijk wrote:
Folkert van Wijk wrote:
Howard Waddell wrote:

Best,

Howy

Hi Howerd.

Thanks

Hi Folkert,

Hi Peter,

I'd sure love to see a nice 14th century war spear of German design perhaps. Your right, these weapons are underrated and would compliment some ones sword collection just fine :D
Hey Peter, I think that axes and spears need more representation as well, so add my name to the list of those interested.
Gary Grzybek wrote:
Hi Peter,

I'd sure love to see a nice 14th century war spear of German design perhaps. Your right, these weapons are underrated and would compliment some ones sword collection just fine :D

Ooo! Now we're talking!
Peter here is my vote also for some interesting spears and axes and possibly some other pole arms: A nice Partisan, or early Halberd, Fauchard or Glaive. A nice rondel dagger or cinquedea.

No rush for me as I have just ordered a Sovereign and won't be buying anything major for at least a few months.
Bring back the small skeggox ;)
Howard;

Any thought of recycling swords you can't repair by turning then into Dirks as I think broken sword blades were often reused this way.
Scrap turned into desirable product at an interesting price?
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: